backing up windows and program tips and tricks.......

ninjageek

Thought this thread may or may not be useful to share your tips and tricks to back up data and windows os.

1.To back up and restore my drivers I use drivemax. http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/index.htm . Its free. The only thing is they want a e-mail address to send your key. Use a account and expect some spam. Or pm me I will provide you with a key. Its not stealing or pirate stuff. Its a free program and this will stop the spam.

2.I use gdrive and gmail to back up smaller files and programs. Handy and always there if you want.

3. I partiton both my harddrives, and use the partions I made to back up programs and I use norton ghost 2003 which imho is the best to back up your current windows install. I keep a ghost image of c drive on d drive and d drive on c drive.

4.As I find useful programs, and as well as notes I keep on stuff, I place them on my partion I use only for data. In time I burn it all to dvd. Do this about once every 5 or 6 months or sooner if I get more programs I really want to save. Throw out the old dvd software backup and burn a new current software backup to dvd.

5. I keep a ghost image on dvd as well. I really like nortons ghost 2003. My ghost image is only of xp with all the updates and nothing else. That way I have a clean backup copy of xp and reinstall the software I want from my dvd backup.

Got any other back up tips or ideas, sure love to see them.

Just a tip for XP pro users , "automatic System Recovery works faultles ,

but as ninjageek  said to have a partitioned hard drive is a must ,

even better still a second hard drive ,and of course you need the original XP disk ,