Broken Laptop

keith1178

I have a HP dv9000 laptop and the top cover is broken...by this I mean when it closes the hinge dislocates and the trim around the screen bends and it is just becoming a pain..Any ideas where I could get a replacement top cover and is this something that can be done with moderate skills as far as working on laptops

well, my first call would be to hp, or an email to their tech spport even, ideally with a few pics to make clear what your problem is.

they should be able to give you a good idea how much in parts you would have to invest and how to do the work.

if by top cover you mean the lid, hence the back of the screen, you will likely have to replace that and move all the screen components from the old to the new. could get a bit tricky.

if yo still have warranty, put it back together in the way that best hides the fact that you had it apart, do not tell hp about the fact tat you did things to it and contact them for warranty service. you might be lucky and get it fixed for free.

just a thought, if you have made a shinny mark on the small black securing screws, a dab with a black CD marker pen may conceal  it ,