Change to 7000?

The Keeper

I have the 6000 and Hughes keeps sending me cards and E-Mail to change my 6000 to the 7000.  I don't know if I should go with the upgrade.  What is involved with the setup?  Is it as easy with no problems as they say?  Any information would be appreciated.

Here is my last test:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1323 Kbps about 1.3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 161 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/10 - 8:07am

Bottom Line:: 23X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 6.36 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 18.531 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 27.58 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-F3TC7ZEMB

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0) [!]

It will give you more upload.

It will rechain you to another contract. But if you do not see anything else coming available, go for it. But you might also try checking on EVDO service. It'll beat the heck out of Hughes or WB.

Oh check with Sprint first, then Verizon as a second choice.  :smiley:

I don't miss my 6000, and others do not miss their 7000's.

:lol:

:cry:  I live in the mountains in northern Arizona and this is my only choice for broadband.  I just hate to have to deal with customer service if the upgrade to the 7000 has problems.  They say the $25.00 offer is a limited time,  and I wouldn't want to spend another fortune to actually buy it.  But some say!  If it's not broke don't fix it.

Before I do anything, I will call Sprint and see if there is any chance in the future of being in my area.  Thanks!