Alltel EVDO

Mtal1ca

I don't know if anyone has alltel EV or not but i was wondering how the latency was as compared to hughesnet. I have just discoverd that i live in a brodband area.  :grin: Will i be able to game online with it? Does it get loaded down during peak times, etc.? Any advice will be appreciated. I just tested my cell phone and it downloaded at about 500 kbps. That's pretty much my average with hughesnet :haha:

Hey MTAL

I got disconnected a few times, but it was easy to reconnect.

The the speed got really slow for a couple hours, then quit working. 

I contacted support and they reconfigured the setting and it's working great now.

I was go glad to get away from Hugh's net!  What a sham!  If anyone is sick of Hugh's net and is thinking of changing, I suggest you do it ASAP!  I hope EVDO can keep up with the demand.  I think everyone is going to start using it.  Is there any competition to it?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a home networking cofiguration? My current setup is as follows:

CDU550 plugged directly into my desktop's USB

Desktop with card wired to Linksys WRT54G

Another desktop wired to the router

Wireless notebook

The wired desktop seems to be sharing the connection fine, but I am having problems with the notebook. The notebook's wireless card is A netgear. It was working fine when i had hughes Hughes, but of course the hughes plugged directly into the router. When i go to my network places on the notebook, the other computers show up, but no internet connection.

Can anyone recommend a home networking cofiguration? My current setup is as follows:

CDU550 plugged directly into my desktop's USB

Desktop with card wired to Linksys WRT54G

Another desktop wired to the router

Wireless notebook

The wired desktop seems to be sharing the connection fine, but I am having problems with the notebook. The notebook's wireless card is A netgear. It was working fine when i had hughes Hughes, but of course the hughes plugged directly into the router. When i go to my network places on the notebook, the other computers show up, but no internet connection.

The CDU550 is a modem and makes the internet connection. The wireless card in your laptop that you used before no longer can get the internet from your router. I'm not positive by not being able to see your setup but I think you will need to enable ICS in the laptop and all connections go through it.  :icon_scratch:

:smiley: