SMARTBRO USER NEED SOME ADVICE

hctiws

good pm to all of u sirs.

i would like to ask for ur opinion regarding my problem...

as a smartbro user, i always notice at peak hours my connection speed drop considerably, usually 8am-11am, after those hours my connection either drops or rise but only a few kbps,(monday-thursday) at fridays,saturday and sunday, my conn speed drops from 8am and only recovers speed at 9pm.now im used to it by now coz im using smartbro for 3mos.

the problem is i formatted my HD this morning (finish it b4 8am),then do some speedtesting (i forgot to screenie it) but it was 400+ kbps.then 9am this morning till 3pm my speed never increase

my speed so far 3pm

share2-QXKZ9DW5B

i dont know if i should tweak it now or leave it as it is.

what should i do?

i called customer support and they say nothings wrong with the base station.

thanks.

it also happened to me from november 1 to 14...

i call their hotline every day to report this occurence... (mine was worst than yours... metering at 30kbps on peak hours...)

they would fist check my basestation and say a technical problem occurs... but there was one time when i called and asked the status of the BS the CSR told me that there was nothing wrong with the BS i'm connected to... i said why is my speed only 80kbps at that time... she said "let me check again sir" when he came back she said that there was a technical problem...

when i got pissed last november 12 i demanded to talk to a supervisor and asked why they do not give feedback (callback) and all they could say is "technical problem". the solution she came up was schedule me for a field visit to rehome me to another BS since my current still has a tech prob. for 2 weeks...

so when the technician came they told me that it is not possible to rehome since there is no other alternative.. so after replacing the antenna and still no results i called the hotline and have the technicians to to the CSR and i demanded a callback from the supervisor...

it was 4 pm that time and my speed is still 40kbps...

so 7 pm came and the supervisor called and i had my dad talk to her since i was so pissed... she said asked me to check my connection since she had the higher technical team do some remote tweaking to my connection... lo and behold my speedtest metered 420kbps that time...

after hanging up with the supervisor i called my friend who also has a smartbro connection (his house is nearer the BS) and he said his connection still is slow at the time of my getting the normal connection from the SAME BS..

the good connection lasted from evening of 14 to early 16 because when i woke up at 8:30 yesterday i could not even take a speed test and i had intermittent connection... i called again yesterday twice and the last CSR i talked to was forced to tell me a little secret which we all know anyway.

-i can have a good speed and somebody can have a different result at the same time from the same BS

factors: numbers of subscribers, positioning of antenna, distance, status of BS

-if in a BS only few subscribers will report poor connection, it might take a long time to upgrade the BS since they would assume that because only a few calls about poor connection others are satisfied with their connection... so for everybody's sake, once you're speed  gets below 300kbps call the hotline. ( it's free isn't it?) and report your BS slowing down...

and for hctiws don't stop calling them and bug them always... that's the only way they MIGHT listen to you...

good pm to all of u sirs.

i would like to ask for ur opinion regarding my problem...

as a smartbro user, i always notice at peak hours my connection speed drop considerably, usually 8am-11am, after those hours my connection either drops or rise but only a few Kbps,(monday-thursday) at fridays,saturday and sunday, my conn speed drops from 8am and only recovers speed at 9pm.now im used to it by now coz im using smartbro for 3mos.

the problem is i formatted my HD this morning (finish it b4 8am),then do some speedtesting (i forgot to screenie it) but it was 400+ Kbps.then 9am this morning till 3pm my speed never increase

my speed so far 3pm

share2-QXKZ9DW5B

i dont know if i should tweak it now or leave it as it is.

what should i do?

i called customer support and they say nothings wrong with the base station.

thanks.

Maybe guys theres a problem with your basestation, try to verify it through CSR if thats the case then you have to be patient when they restore it to good working order. Try the speed tweaks for smartbro(search it here in the forum, there are many post here that can answer your questions.....Be patient when testing this tweaks there are many configurations to consider to speed up smartbroken service....And when doing tweaks for testing verify your basestation if it is in good condition nevertheless you will be wasting your precious time in conducting  speed test and tweaks...

I hope this will be a good help for you...Use cablenut and follow the 20 steps to speedup smartbro that you can find  in the forum and use avast as an antivirus and turn off your firewall..

PATIENCE IS THE VIRTUE TO ACHIEVE A GOOD SPEED TESTING AND TWEAKS........

it also happened to me from november 1 to 14...

i call their hotline every day to report this occurence... (mine was worst than yours... metering at 30Kbps on peak hours...)

they would fist check my basestation and say a technical problem occurs... but there was one time when i called and asked the status of the BS the CSR told me that there was nothing wrong with the BS i'm connected to... i said why is my speed only 80Kbps at that time... she said "let me check again sir" when he came back she said that there was a technical problem...

when i got pissed last november 12 i demanded to talk to a supervisor and asked why they do not give feedback (callback) and all they could say is "technical problem". the solution she came up was schedule me for a field visit to rehome me to another BS since my current still has a tech prob. for 2 weeks...

so when the technician came they told me that it is not possible to rehome since there is no other alternative.. so after replacing the antenna and still no results i called the hotline and have the technicians to to the CSR and i demanded a callback from the supervisor...

it was 4 pm that time and my speed is still 40Kbps...

so 7 pm came and the supervisor called and i had my dad talk to her since i was so pissed... she said asked me to check my connection since she had the higher technical team do some remote tweaking to my connection... lo and behold my speedtest metered 420Kbps that time...

after hanging up with the supervisor i called my friend who also has a smartbro connection (his house is nearer the BS) and he said his connection still is slow at the time of my getting the normal connection from the SAME BS..

the good connection lasted from evening of 14 to early 16 because when i woke up at 8:30 yesterday i could not even take a speed test and i had intermittent connection... i called again yesterday twice and the last CSR i talked to was forced to tell me a little secret which we all know anyway.

-i can have a good speed and somebody can have a different result at the same time from the same BS

factors: numbers of subscribers, positioning of antenna, distance, status of BS

-if in a BS only few subscribers will report poor connection, it might take a long time to upgrade the BS since they would assume that because only a few calls about poor connection others are satisfied with their connection... so for everybody's sake, once you're speed  gets below 300Kbps call the hotline. ( it's free isn't it?) and report your BS slowing down...

and for hctiws don't stop calling them and bug them always... that's the only way they MIGHT listen to you...

Your right dude its our own privilege to report the condition of our connection, keep bugging them from time to time so they will improve their service....

thanks for the relplies guys, last night a poor soul from smartbro receive some tongue lashing courtesy of my wife :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

we did demand for a supervisor to tak to, but they seem to very very very busy and more than 30 mins of talk over the phone they say they gonna call us within 30 mins (never happen).

and they also suggest to monitor my speed within 24hrs.

this is my speed now 8:15am Phil time

share2-NDBESF1TW&dual=yes&q2=OEG7R6JVI

i hope its always like this.

havent tweak it yet.

that's good news. what router could that be?

with the speedstream modems that the americans are using on their end.. they usually use the netgear router to network their computers with almost like the same bandwidth if they are using 1 computer.  but here in the philippines, i don't know if there's an available netgear router.. what i always see are dlink and cnet routers.. i haven't tried the dlink but when i was still working in a cybercafe, we use cnet routers and it has a good connection than using a switch hub on networks..

how to use it.. plug the cable coming from the canopy to your router. get a cable and plug it to your router and to your computer

a simple illustration:

canopy ------> router -----> computer

with the speedstream modems that the americans are using on their end.. they usually use the netgear router to network their computers with almost like the same bandwidth if they are using 1 computer.  but here in the philippines, i don't know if there's an available netgear router.. what i always see are dlink and cnet routers.. i haven't tried the dlink but when i was still working in a cybercafe, we use cnet routers and it has a good connection than using a switch hub on networks..

how to use it.. plug the cable coming from the canopy to your router. get a cable and plug it to your router and to your computer

a simple illustration:

canopy ------> router -----> computer

I disagree this time, the bandwidth is not the same for all the connected PCs. I am using siemens speedstream 6520 gateway/router to distribute my smartbro internet connection to my 3 PCs. The internet bandwidth is divided by the 3 computers.

did i not post "with almost like the same"  :roll:

it will really be divided into 3.. cause your computers are connected into 1 lan..

canopy (e.g.384 kbps) ----> router (300+ kbps) ----- pc1 (100+ kbps)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ pc2 (100+ kbps)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ pc3 (100+ kbps)

canopy (e.g. 384 kbps) ---> router (300+ kbps) ----- pc1 (150+ kbps)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ pc2 (150+ kbps)

canopy (e.g. 384 kbps) ---> router (300+ kbps) ----- pc1 (300+ kbps)

they usually use the netgear router to network their computers with almost like the same bandwidth if they are using 1 computer. 

Lolz, you should clarify that cause it will be interpreted that each individual pc connected to the router will have almost the same bandwidth with a single computer connected directly to the internet. . :grin: :grin: :grin:

connection speed = (maximum bandwidth) / (number of users using the connection on the same access point)

hope this helps a little to understand wireless connection.. but if you're going to use a router that can boost connection, it's an additional 20% of bandwidth will be distributed on your end.

so a router can mess conn speeds?  :?

im using a dlink router now and so far so good.

btw my speed now is..ta-daa!

share2-IB9K7MJ0E&dual=yes&q2=YK8HBV95U

ahh weekends... maybe it will change tomarow...jeesh...

btw, i hope they REMIND or TELL their customer that this might hAPpen to them.

that's a good connection already.. test it tomorrow afternoon and post another speed test without changing any settings..

by the way don't forget to optimize your browser by checking the cookie settings, security zones, and advanced settings..

it'll help a "little" but not all the time.. i suggest to defrag your computer once in a while so that the system will not have a hard time looking for their system files..

you might want to upgrade your RAM.. cause basically, RAM lessens the processing of the data that you got from the public network.. the more storage of the memory the more fast is your connection.. but i'm not saying that RAM will totally boost up the speed of your internet.. it'll just help the network in processing raw data.

hey hctiws. you don' have to tweak. keep that speed up.  :smiley:

well this is my speed now 7:38pm

share2-0HV52CYQA&dual=yes&q2=O24DCAJQK

my conn drops starting 1pm gradually then 6pm is the worst.this will continue until 10:30pm...

i will continue to monitor.

any feel free to comment about this....

on weekends my conn speed is somewhat close to a nightmare. on weekdays i only get a few hours of decent speed. now, is it worth staying with this kind service?

i forgot i cant cancel my service w/ smartbro , forgot the lock in period lol :uglystupid2:

hi! wat did u do to get a speed like that? im also a smart bro user and yet my speed is a mess!!!

hey rich_aled, during my first month with smartbro my conn speed was just like yours. i mean EVERYDAY i call them customer support (imagine everyday twice or thrice a day i place a call) then finally (after almost 1 month) a more experienced installer/troubleshooter came to my house.

the original position of my canopy was almost to the center of my roof. there is a big tree on the left but its not blocking LOS. what the last team did was to move the canopy about 6 meters to the right, i said no problem if that will make my conn faster.

its the same configuration..same base station, but i get a little bit more.hope this helps.

my problem is (as posted by CB, many of us connected on the same base station).and for me its always like peak hours  :sad:

my problem is (as posted by CB, many of us connected on the same base station).and for me its always like peak hours  :sad:

that's right. because peak hours are the time for research for most students, youtube, friendster, yahoo search, email & chat, ran, rf, freestyle, bebo, google, etcetera. in other words, there's heavy internet traffic in smartbro APs with low bandwidth allocations which surely will hurt our speed.

that's right. because peak hours are the time for research for most students, youtube, friendster, yahoo search, email & chat, ran, rf, freestyle, bebo, google, etcetera. in other words, there's heavy internet traffic in smartbro APs with low bandwidth allocations which surely will hurt our speed.

makes me think your an OL gameplayer like me  :grin: