Wild Blue Internet speeds

Who has issues with WB every day between 4-11 pm cst? Or is it just our beam here where I live that has issues?

I need to know what options as a consumer has in dealing absolutely degraded service for more than 8 hours per day with no hope in sight that they fix it and stop selling in my beam.

This is an over sell problem and a lack of providing contractual services.

Help anyone with an answer.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drywallguy63

YES!

I have EXACTLY the same issue. Only mine only comes back after 12pm CST. The service guy was here yesterday, today, and will probably be back tomorrow. So far he has changed out everything. It is all new equip. and still the same problem. I think you are correct. It has to be on their end and they don't want to admit. As for what to do....I'm at a loss. I guess just keep bugging the crap out of them until something is done. I have decent speeds until, like you say, around 4pm then poof! nothing till around 12 midnight.....I'm still under contract but sheesh. They are going to look into it tomorrow at the main headquarters.......wherever that is......I'll post back and let you know...........IF I can get online.

:tickedoff:

I call them almost daily and the techs tell me there is nothing they can do because    WB controls it all and DISHNETWORK only services my contract. Both WB and Dish swore that they would maintain a good level of speeds even in peak periods. These were promised before I ever signed on the dotted line.

I call Dish and the lower end techs and supervisors just throw up their hands and say they cant do anything and if I want to break my contract that they will waive fees.

Ok, now I left Hughes to go to WB with the assurance that they would provide a better overall customer service and dependable service than Hughes did.  So now I am out of the initial sign up fees and looking at the cost of someone else.

Where does that leave me but out of pocket for hundreds of dollars for crap service and lies.

Anyone else care to join in.

:knuppel2: 

I've had my system for a year and a half, absolutely 0 problems, no downtime (aside from that one time when the cable was cut down in Texas), slowdowns, or anything.  Pages load in about 6 seconds, average size, most of the time.  Not kidding.  Aside from the ridiculous latency, and the ridiculous high price per month, which was known before ordering.  Compared to the only other choice of 26 k max dialup, no contest.

This is with Value/"cheap" pack, heavy cloud cover, and "almost" snowing.  Beam 25

:::::::::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 506 Kbps about 0.51 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 62 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 114 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 14 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/21 - 4:42pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6A4BQ2DWP

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-3J1CRZYMQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20070914 Mandriva/2.0.0.8-1mdv2008.0 (2008.0) Firefox/2.0.0.8

:tickedoff:

I call them almost daily and the techs tell me there is nothing they can do because    WB controls it all and DISHNETWORK only services my contract. Both WB and Dish swore that they would maintain a good level of speeds even in peak periods. These were promised before I ever signed on the dotted line.

I call Dish and the lower end techs and supervisors just throw up their hands and say they cant do anything and if I want to break my contract that they will waive fees.

Ok, now I left Hughes to go to WB with the assurance that they would provide a better overall customer service and dependable service than Hughes did.  So now I am out of the initial sign up fees and looking at the cost of someone else.

Where does that leave me but out of pocket for hundreds of dollars for crap service and lies.

Anyone else care to join in.

:knuppel2: 

Hughes provides better speed and service, cannot understand why people leave Hughes for Wild Blue.

Your connection is: 1956 Kbps or 2 Mbps

You downloaded at: 239 kB/s

You are running: 34 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 4.28 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:Private CompID:612855516

Test Time:: 2007/11/23 - 6:23pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9

Test ID: E8SZ0VUY6 (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 90.83 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

This was tested from a 2992 kB file and took 12.531 seconds to complete

Hughes provides better speed and service, cannot understand why people leave Hughes for Wild Blue.

Never had Hughes, but when I was looking, it was more expensive.  Also the FAP is quite different, unless it's changed.  It would not be useable to me, at least on the cheapest plan, like WB is.  I would be at less than dialup speed most of the time.  The FAP is still annoying, but at least I can download a whole iso or updates or whatever  at once without getting Fapped.  Have been hearing "horror" stories about WB, but not anyone I know that has it, also heard some about Hughes.

discussion of Hughes FAP here

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,18387358~days=9999

I thought it was my puter.  :cheesy::roll: Just got off the phone after the usuall STUFF STIFF :buck2::tickedoff:  Going to call Huges.  I suppose WB stuff won't work with Huges. :tickedoff:

Nope, butr if you buy some old equipment you can usually upgrade for like $50 to newer stuff. Like my old sat and such, I can upgrade to newstuff for $50. PM me. We can talk.  :wink2:

Guest drywallguy63

Guess they fmixeed the problem. :smitten::smiley:  Just down loaded test at 528 Kbps with up at 128Kbps.

Gary

Ahhhh, young grasshopper, don't be so quick (or optimistic).

Give it an hour or two.........

The great CRASH happens around my parts (texas) around 5pm CST.  Then till approx. 12am. Nothing, notta, zip...........

"Techs have put it on higher priority" OR so I'm told....... :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

OH, and here are my readings ..... "right now"..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2250 Kbps about 2.3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 275 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/27 -3:12pm

Bottom Line:: 39X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.72 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 10.891 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 100.89 % faster than the average for host (wildblue.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5G31I4BSM

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 [!]

Ahhhh, young grasshopper, don't be so quick (or optimistic).

Give it an hour or two.........

The great CRASH happens around my parts (texas) around 5pm CST.  Then till approx. 12am. Nothing, notta, zip...........

"Techs have put it on higher priority" OR so I'm told....... :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

OH, and here are my readings ..... "right now"..

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 2250 Kbps about 2.3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 275 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/27 -3:12pm

Bottom Line:: 39X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.72 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 10.891 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 100.89 % faster than the average for host (wildblue.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5G31I4BSM

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9

So is it only Texas that is getting this lousy service because I am in Texas too.

Guest drywallguy63

I would like to think it is more than just in texas.

I'm just about to the point of dropping WB. It's been like this for 2 weeks now, with NO help from WB. Just the yadda yadda yadda from them. I'm definately looking at other options.

Guest drywallguy63

Exactly. It's like they think we are stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a computer geek, but It's pretty obvious that their servers are too overloaded to handle peak times.

reminds me of something I once heard.

"No, I'm not a veterinarian, but I know a horse's *** when I smell one!"

I'm like you Scout, ******!

1:43 San Diego, Ca 529 down 118 up. $49. :smiley:  The thing that makes me angry is the passing of BS making me think there was something wrong on my end. :tickedoff:  I wasted allot  O time trying to fix what wurn't busted. :knuppel2:

Gary

I have had 6 different service techs out here since August traipsing through my house.  They changed out everything that they just installed in August. They want me to do the spy ware and ad ware programs etc etc etc. Jumped through hoops all for nothing when it is clearly WB overselling what they obviously don't have. We signed an agreement but somewhere they are not liable for the lack of providing their services.

I'm working off of Duluth MN up link and live in Texas

1:43 San Diego, Ca 529 down 118 up. $49. :smiley:  The thing that makes me angry is the passing of BS making me think there was something wrong on my end. :tickedoff:  I wasted allot  O time trying to fix what wurn't busted. :knuppel2:

Gary

I am curious!  If you live in San Diego, CA why do you use WB?  There are other satellite providers here!

Ja'Krinda

Guest drywallguy63

I am seriously looking into pcmi cards from Alltel. Anyone had any issues or dealings with these?

A neighbor of mine, (who just cancelled WB)got this and bought a special router with a slot to accept the card. His son does ALOT of online gaming, and he said that there is absolutely NO latencey issues. Everything runs fine. His average speed is around 750 kbps. Not 1500 like I was "promised" with WB. but dependable none the less.

Anybody familiar with these?

It's not just Texas.  Georgia sucks too (WB1 Duluth).  This past Tuesday night at 9:00 EST, my download speed was 100kbps and upload was 26kbps.  Yes, twenty-six.  Monday, at the same time, it was 146 down/13kbps.  Overselling capacity.  It sucks because I was on WB1 within 2 weeks of it opening in my area.  Speeds were awesome.  Over time, I've watched it slowly degrade... and degrade...  and degrade.  The past few weeks it's been so bad that I actually did call Dish Network to see if something was wrong.  The tech couldn't believe that the slow speeds were only due to peak-usage.  She said, "If it were the entire network, we would be getting a lot more calls."  Apparently, people seem to just sigh and live with it.  She had a new modem sent out but it's the same thing.

If WildBlue is going to advertise, "up to" speeds, then they should adjust the monthly bill accordingly.  If my average download speed is 25% of the advertised up to speed, then they should only charge 25% of my $49 bill for the month.  Is that not fair?

If a customer only got 10% to 25% of Dish Network's advertised channels for a given package between the hours of 4PM and midnight, there would be a lot of complaints.

I am seriously looking into pcmi cards from Alltel. Anyone had any issues or dealings with these?

A neighbor of mine, (who just cancelled WB)got this and bought a special router with a slot to accept the card. His son does ALOT of online gaming, and he said that there is absolutely NO latencey issues. Everything runs fine. His average speed is around 750 Kbps. Not 1500 like I was "promised" with WB. but dependable none the less.

Anybody familiar with these?

Are you talking about this router?

tedb3d

I agree with you, there only seems to be one way to fight these corporate nimrods.

We all need to keep complaining and stating the truth about our lousy service so that others who maybe goggling WB will actually see that there are dissatisfied customers out there who are being treated unfairly by this crappy company.

Anyone and everyone who is dissatisfied and is not getting fairly treated or having their internet speeds fixed to even remotely resemble the package that they are paying for, please post your problems with WB here the more the merrier.

I'm off Duluth beam 132  live in Texas and very dissatisfied with the quality of service and customer service that is provided.  This is not what sales promised me when I signed up in August and no one is willing to fix it at WB.

Wont it be cheaper to go with sprint EDVO? I preferr it over alltel, and damn almost 800 bucks for the router. Talk to grandpa he has sprint evdo through a router, and he pulls great speeds Plus it cost a 1/4 of that router above. Heres one on a site i found http://www.superwarehouse.com/p.cfm?p=1501275&CMP=KAC-PositionTechFeed