Ping - - - Any way to lower ping?

z3phyr

Yo Van the Man...I'm back...well it may sound dumb but i ain't that clear bout the word "ping" well does it relates 2 lagging...well u see I play online games often and sometimes the ping is very high and sucked up so is there anyway to lower pings??

spelling and define edit - CA3LE

;) Ping refers to the time it takes a signal to leave your computer go to a distant site and return to your computer(acknowledged) Although it can be a one way ping with no return (stealth)answer...... all happens in milliseconds. if everything is correct. This is the basic concept of "ping"

I dont think there is anyway to "lower" your pings... Since it is a routing issue the only real way would it lower them would be to request a low lag connection.. Which is normally a business class connection..  Why are you so worried about ping times?

hey z3phyr :)

this is a trace you posted before

1  120 ms  129 ms  119 ms  211.24.254.129

2  125 ms  169 ms  139 ms  211.24.248.69

3    *      271 ms  140 ms  fe-0-1-1.GLSFB-MBONE-001.time.net.my [203.121.20

.1]

4  535 ms  139 ms  139 ms  211.24.210.1

5  169 ms  149 ms  149 ms  203.121.17.6

6  117 ms  129 ms  149 ms  Fe1-1-0.gw01.glsfb.time.net.my [203.121.16.30]

7  168 ms  129 ms  139 ms  Fe1-1-0.gw01.glsfb.time.net.my [203.121.16.30]

8    *      152 ms  169 ms  210.0.250.21

9    *        *        *    Request timed out.

10  353 ms  449 ms  419 ms  pos5-0.cr02.dal01.pccwbtn.net [63.218.22.66]

11  358 ms  379 ms    *    eq-dallas-1000M.theplanet.com [206.223.118.3]

12  419 ms  379 ms    *    dist-vlan31.dsr3-1.dllstx3.theplanet.com [70.85.

127.29]

13  389 ms  439 ms    *    dist-vlan21.dsr1-1.dllstx2.theplanet.com [70.85.

127.67]

14  328 ms  390 ms  429 ms  dsr2-1-v2.dllstx4.theplanet.com [12.96.160.39]

15    *      331 ms  349 ms  gig1-0-2.tp-car9-2.dllstx4.theplanet.com [67.18.

116.86]

16    *        *    1044 ms  6.67-19-36.reverse.theplanet.com [67.19.36.6]

Trace complete.

this first hop ping is way too high 1  120 ms  129 ms  119 ms  211.24.254.129

and there is not much you can do about it beside bypassing your router and see it its a router issue and also reboot modem for 30 seconds, if that didnt solve the problem, call your ISP and let them fix it

on dsl the first hop ping should be in 5-15 ms on fast path and 30-40 ms on Interleaved

good luck

VanBuren :)

it you are hitting a router it shouldnt be any more than 1ms..  If you own the router....  I am wondering if you have line noise on you phone line..  That would increase the ping..  are you losing any packets?  I am sure that Van burren has taken you though this already... just thought that packet loss would be a factor in the high pings.. You might want to try a different phone jack.. there was someone else who had a simular problem and it turned out to be the phone jack he was using..

Lol....i knew other ppl would be wondering bout this question 2 ;) Well u see my wireless broadband machine is called "webbit" and it functions are easy...plug and ply..so i dun need any phone line or wall jack or modem..just plug to the com and ply...so any idea how 2 lower the ping :D

Lol....i knew other ppl would be wondering bout this question 2 ;) Well u see my wireless broadband machine is called "webbit" and it functions are easy...plug and ply..so i dun need any phone line or wall jack or modem..just plug to the com and ply...so any idea how 2 lower the ping :D

where is your ISP connection point then? Do you have a dish and use Radio LAN?

Well suprisingly its kinda new wireless broadband..so its only available in my housing area only...its pretty near..but thy say if its a bad weather,speed will be slower....and if there are more people in my area using thy will leech my bandwith..is it true all this stuff??

Well suprisingly its kinda new wireless broadband..so its only available in my housing area only...its pretty near..but thy say if its a bad weather,speed will be slower....and if there are more people in my area using thy will leech my bandwidth..is it true all this stuff??

its probl true, im not very good at wireless transfers but distance, weather will impact on your latency and speed.

it might be so that your ISP has too many clients on the gateway router, i do not know.

Distance, Number of Users, and equipment really effect how the system will proform.. However, weather shouldnt be that much of a factor.. unless it effects the main transimitor..  It shouldnt be like satelite which is really effected by weather!

Well im wondering wheter is there any cablenut settings which could lower pings???and what do u call my line since its wireless??ADSL??Cable??Satelite??hmmm and im not to sure to choose from those CCS bcos i do not knoe wat type is my line..pls help...thks..

Well im wondering wheter is there any cablenut settings which could lower pings???and what do u call my line since its wireless??ADSL??Cable??Satelite??hmmm and im not to sure to choose from those CCS bcos i do not knoe wat type is my line..pls help...thks..

Cablenut cant lower the ping, no tweakprogram can.

I suggest you try the latest version 4 i have here https://testmy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1013.0;id=670

but first find your MSS value in this analyzer http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

Well...when i click on the link..the ip address shown wasnt mine....how do i solve tht..thy ask to check for any proxys but all are untick...do i need 2 click on sumplace to activate the analyzer or just click on the link and its auto scanning??

https://www.speedguide.net/faq_in_q.php?category=98&qid=23

quote "First, make absolutely sure that the IP address displayed at the top of the page is yours. If it is not, then you are measuring the parameters of the connection between SpeedGuide.net and the host that owns the displayed IP. That might be a web proxy, or a NAT device of some sort. Web proxy servers save your ISP's bandwidth, however they often have a negative impact on your Web experience. With Proxy enabled, you might experience problems accessing some Secure pages, as well as decreased performance.

To disable the Proxy server in Internet Explorer, go into Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings. In there, disable proxy, uncheck "Automatic settings" and try again.

If the IP address displayed by the Analyzer is yours, then the readings are accurate. Complaining about them is equivalent to telling the manufacturer of your mirror that it is not reflecting your face accurately, because according to the description of your latest makeup kit, you should look much more attractive after applying it (my apologies to the male users, I couldn't come up with a more "manly" example :-) ).

The Analyzer does not look at Registry settings, it takes the values directly from the header information in TCP/IP packets, the same information your end advertises to servers.

Note: Some ISPs, such as @Home automatically enable Proxy, regardless of your IE settings (if you have the @Home software installed). As a workaround, you might have to do the following:

Go into Start > Run and type: regsvr32 -u ahiehelp.dll

The above line should disable the @Home Web Proxy.

"