I hate spyware

Swimmer

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea fuckin' spyware is messing up the internet...

by the way, I am researching a bit so I can build an online utility to scan and remove spyware... fully web based application. I still don't know if I can do it... and even if I can it might take me a while to write the software... but it's something I am thinking about adding to the site ;-) ~~~ any programers out their that could share thoughts on this would be greatly appritiated and possibly greatly rewarded

I am also still working on the database stuff too so that users can log their connection over time (I have had this in the past couple years ago... but it was a flat file database that became slow after about 50,000 entries and I had to remove the option after just a few days, I need to have it all done in SQL and PERL DBI because I now have about 3000% more traffic and will have many MANY more entries into the database... blah blah) it is not an easy task and I need to take time in making it so that it gets done right the first time... when I FINALLY get this online i will pull a few members from the forum to help beta test this. This is a huge tast and very complex (anyone who has written database ANYTHING knows what I am talking about just look at http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI/DBI.pm and kinda see what I am talking about [and that isn't even close to the whole picture]) this may take me a pretty long time to get perfected, but will be well worth the wait trust me... I won't publish some of the ideas I am rolling 'round in my head with what I am thinking about doing with the information in the database because nobody has ever gone to the extent of processing and output as what I am trying to do... you'll all just have to wait and see :-D

- Damon

by the way, I am researching a bit so I can build an online utility to scan and remove spyware... fully web based application. I still don't know if I can do it... and even if I can it might take me a while to write the software... but it's something I am thinking about adding to the site ;-) ~~~ any programers out their that could share thoughts on this would be greatly appritiated and possibly greatly rewarded

I am also still working on the database stuff too so that users can log their connection over time (I have had this in the past couple years ago... but it was a flat file database that became slow after about 50,000 entries and I had to remove the option after just a few days, I need to have it all done in SQL and PERL DBI because I now have about 3000% more traffic and will have many MANY more entries into the database... blah blah) it is not an easy task and I need to take time in making it so that it gets done right the first time... when I FINALLY get this online i will pull a few members from the forum to help beta test this. This is a huge tast and very complex (anyone who has written database ANYTHING knows what I am talking about just look at http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI/DBI.pm and kinda see what I am talking about [and that isn't even close to the whole picture]) this may take me a pretty long time to get perfected, but will be well worth the wait trust me... I won't publish some of the ideas I am rolling 'round in my head with what I am thinking about doing with the information in the database because nobody has ever gone to the extent of processing and output as what I am trying to do... you'll all just have to wait and see :-D

- Damon

- Damon

- Damon

- Damon

- Damon

:D Damon,

What a cool idea I have thought about a web based scumware cleaner in the past ,although I have never heard anyone discuss it and its not something I would be capable of writing the code for .I think it would be a killer draw to the site,it must be pretty involved thats why its not on a site right now.I know you have alot on your plate and a 9to5 but,if there is anything I can do to help I would be happy to do so.Not to much time ever passes until you come up with a new innovative idea to make the web a cooler place for everyone........Thanks for caring ... now hurry up hehe

8) Microwave

What a cool idea I have thought about a web based scumware cleaner in the past ,although I have never heard anyone discuss it and its not something I would be capable of writing the code for .I think it would be a killer draw to the site,it must be pretty involved thats why its not on a site right now.I know you have alot on your plate and a 9to5 but,if there is anything I can do to help I would be happy to do so.Not to much time ever passes until you come up with a new innovative idea to make the web a cooler place for everyone........Thanks for caring ... now hurry up hehe

8) Microwave

8) Microwave

8) Microwave

8) Microwave

8) Microwave