Is Wildblue blocking this site?

okwriter

I have tried everything possible to go to this site (www.fromthebarrio.com), which belongs to a client of mine. 

It is flash based, so when I got the dreaded "Page cannot be displayed" error, I started trying to troubleshoot Flash.  :sad:

Then I thought it might be Vista, but I can't get to the site on my XP machine either.    :undecided:

Then I thought it might be IE, so I tried it on Firefox.  :angry:

Then a friend sent me a link to a page on the site that bypasses the flash, and I can't open it either.  :tickedoff:

Will you please try to access that site and let me know if this is a "Wildblue" thing or if I need to get with my local coop (ISP)?

THANKS!

I have tried everything possible to go to this site (www.fromthebarrio.com), which belongs to a client of mine.

Welcome to the forum...

If you use the proxy it will connect.

I normally do not use the WB proxy and at first your site did not load. I turned the proxy on and connected to the site in ten seconds, took a little longer to complete.

I use a Mac and Safari browser so I am not the one to advise on how to turn the proxy on for XP.  May be a Windoze user will chime in.

Good luck

The page will open if you use the WB proxy. It does not appear to be a godaddy site.

A "Who is" query  for  fromthebarrio.com  at http://www.gkg.net/whois/ returns:

Domain Name: fromthebarrio.com

Registrar: THE NAME IT CORPORATION DBA NAMESERVICES.NET

Registrant Contact

Name: Corey Blake

Address: asdf

Buffalo Grove, IL asdf

US

Email Address: [email protected]

Phone Number: (847)682-3493

Administrative Contact

Buffalo Grove, IL asdf

US

Technical Contact

Buffalo Grove, IL asdf

US

Record Created on........ 2007-02-07 20:38:17.130

Expire on................ 2008-02-07 20:48:04.000

Domain servers in listed order:

ns5.secureserver.net

ns6.secureserver.net

Note that the servers are secureserver.net which are probably blocking WB IPs unless you use the AT&T proxy

I don't know what happened but somethin' did!  I can see it now!

I complained to the coop who provides my Wildblue.  They just said to call WB tech support (no thanks...).  I also complained to the site owner...not sure if they changed anything or not.  Another thing I did (yesterday) was to upgrade to WB's ProPak, as my provider is running a special right now that will actually be $20/year cheaper for the first year for me to be on the ProPak versus their middle package.  :grin2:  Did that do it?  I dunno.  I just know that I can see it now!

Thanks for all your help!