Questions I probably already have the answer to about wrt54gs

GIXXERGUY6

the router works great. but I have some concerns...if I recall correctly the wireless worked great a while back, but now it seems like I can't get above about 3 mb's is this typical for wireless?

I'm in the same room as the router, full bars and 54mbps connection.  Am I stupid in the fact that I'm overlooking the issue that wireless doesn't give speeds of hardline?

lets here it guys.

I don't know anything I can do..

I've changed firmware to the DD and have changed the xmit signal, i wonder how fast i can go without overdoing it?

the router works great. but I have some concerns...if I recall correctly the wireless worked great a while back, but now it seems like I can't get above about 3 mb's is this typical for wireless?

I'm in the same room as the router, full bars and 54mbps connection.  Am I stupid in the fact that I'm overlooking the issue that wireless doesn't give speeds of hardline?

lets here it guys.

I don't know anything I can do..

I've changed firmware to the DD and have changed the xmit signal, i wonder how fast i can go without overdoing it?

You might want to hard-wire that same computer into the router to see if there is a boost in speeds.  If there aren't, it's not a wireless problem -- could be the router, the modem, the connection, etc.  If the speeds do improve, it is most likely a wireless issue -- could be signal strength, interference, adapter problem, etc.

You might want to hard-wire that same computer into the router to see if there is a boost in speeds.  If there aren't, it's not a wireless problem -- could be the router, the modem, the connection, etc.  If the speeds do improve, it is most likely a wireless issue -- could be signal strength, interference, adapter problem, etc.

yes when the laptop is wired it's great..normal where it should be.....

just dont' know.

chanell is 11 it was 6 but change. signal is always strong.....no 2.4ghz phones, we have a 5.8 i don't know

yes when the laptop is wired it's great..normal where it should be.....

just dont' know.

chanell is 11 it was 6 but change. signal is always strong.....no 2.4ghz phones, we have a 5.8 i don't know

It could be the wireless of the router, the wireless adapter of the pc, or general interference.  Here's a few thoughts.  Grab a buddy with a wireless laptop and compare signal strengths and speeds from the same location of your computer to the router.  If they are the same, then it's likely either the router's signal sending ability or some interference (which takes on many many forms).  If they are different, it's likely your wireless adapter - maybe check the antenna (or rig one up) or update drivers.  Check it out.

come to think of it a buddy did have his gateway lappy over back in the spring and it was getting good speeds and signal..

my lap is a dell d600 internal card, don't know if i can do anything about upgrading it, or rigging an antenna for it.

wireless card is a broadcom  2001 2002 year stamped on the circuitboard

broadcom 570x gigbit integrated controller

but dell truemobile 1400 dual band is where the net comes in at?? wtf.

maybe use the broadcom instead of the dell?