Windows XP Service Pack 3?

coolbuster2007

Guest ExtremeFusion

Nah.. i haven't tried it...

But am i right? is it just XP with all the hotfixes????

OT: at your blog about speeding the internet explorer...

you didn't tell whether the 10000 is a decimal or a hexadecimal value..

when i checked my settings in the registry mine is already set to 10000 (decimal value) if i changed it to 10000 (hexadecimal value) this

0x00002710 (10000) will change to this 0x00010000 (65536)

do i need to tweak it or leave it alone...

just asking...

Guest aneljr009

I have XP3 already installed in mine since 2004. The difference is the themes. It is the combination of XP and Vista. But, GG client don't work. If you know how to tweak this, help me.

@aneljr009

have XP3 already installed in mine since 2004. The difference is the themes. It is the combination of XP and Vista. But, GG client don't work. If you know how to tweak this, help me.

>>>> :2funny::haha::2funny::haha::2funny:  :haha:

was it a joke?!?! well, for your GG client that don't work with XP3 ask

AMIT!!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

>>>> there are probably leak copies of XP3 from beta testers but not worth it!!!

I have XP3 already installed in mine since 2004. The difference is the themes. It is the combination of XP and Vista. But, GG client don't work. If you know how to tweak this, help me.

There is no way you would have had it installed since 2004. Since SP2 was released in 2004 and SP3 has only recently been on the table.

I have seen tons of these "SP3"s on the internet, ALL of these have been little homemade AIO people just sticking random things together.

The service pack 3 beta has been out for awhile. The official one from microsoft that is. I posted a link to one while back. That link is no longer up and running.

There have been several sites that offer what they call service pack 3. Its just all the hot fixes in one package to date. What the diffrence is between microsofts and the others is something I have no idea of.

Guest ExtremeFusion

i have ask my friend for a copy of Windows XP Service Pack 3 Beta, installed it and observed that everything went faster. i like it!  :cheesy:

really?

i wonder how much it cost in the computer shops (the legit XP 3)

Guest ExtremeFusion

OT:

My brother has a friend who installed a pirated Windows OS in his PC..

Then he tries to update it..via internet of course...

Without his knowledge Microsoft installed a validation software on his pc and detected that he was using a pirated Windows OS.. from time to time a popup appears saying something like getting an original os or the like...

and after two months.. viola.. his computer never booted again..

he reformat it and tried to install his pirated Windows OS again, only to find out that this pirated installer doesn't work anymore...

Could it be that Microsoft Block it?

I would have my doubts microsoft has the ability to block a reinstall. They can however stop the updates, detect it is a pirate verson, and all that good stuff.

I am almost shocked his copy was found. Hackers have xp and microsofts number. They know how to get around the validation. I am not a hacker, no idea how they do it. I bought xp pro from new egg for 130.00.  Now its on to vista. I hate vista so bad I refuse to install it even though I have a copy that will probally pass validation.  :wink:

OT:

My brother has a friend who installed a pirated Windows OS in his PC..

Then he tries to update it..via internet of course...

Without his knowledge Microsoft installed a validation software on his pc and detected that he was using a pirated Windows OS.. from time to time a popup appears saying something like getting an original os or the like...

and after two months.. viola.. his computer never booted again..

he reformat it and tried to install his pirated Windows OS again, only to find out that this pirated installer doesn't work anymore...

Could it be that Microsoft Block it?

the problem is that his automatic updates were set to download automatically and maybe he installed it w/o checking what updates are to be installed. that update is called microsoft genuine advantage blah blah if im not mistaken and once that update is installed, you cannot uninstall it from the control panel. my cousin's pc have that validation update on his pc and every time it pops out in his system tray w/ a star-like colored blue icon. yesterday, my pc downloaded that update but i unchecked it and set the option to never download it again (something like that when you don't want an update to be installed)

Guest ExtremeFusion

@heavenandhell

yeah, I know that windows genuine validation tool, my friend actually has a program that removes that validation toll in case of unnoticed installation of it...

Anyways, Running on Genuine doesn't bother me whether I have it or not (the validation tool)...

I can have all the updates I want...

@aneljr009

Are you saying that your modified OS by amit has been replaced or "reverted" to SP2 by means of Microsoft Updates?

that Amit OS was never a service pack 3. i tested it in early 2005. it is just the interface modified with longhorn and vista like themes and wallpapers coupled with windows update packs. but if you take a look at the my computer properties, it still says service pack 2.