.98 and 1.2 meter dish

id10t

Folks I need some help finding a 1.2 or .98 dish. Am I stuck trying to get one from hughes or are there aftermarket ones out there that will work?  I have found several aftermarket however they do not say they support HN or how the feedhorn and LNB connect them.

Thoughts, ideas,  links

Thanks in advance.

Folks I need some help finding a 1.2 or .98 dish. Am I stuck trying to get one from hughes or are there aftermarket ones out there that will work?  I have found several aftermarket however they do not say they support HN or how the feedhorn and LNB connect them.

Thoughts, ideas,  links

Thanks in advance.

I had done some research on this and many will work but what you need to remember is that you will need to use the LNB's and Transmitter's used by Hughes. Also many larger dishes I found are cross polar which means your current transponder must be horizontal and vertical and the feed set to that.

I did have a .98 dish (early cross pol model) that I purchased and worked very well but my upgrade from the 4000 to the DW7000 changed me to a Horizontal & Horizontal transponder so my dish became useless for me and I sold it. But the .74 seemed to work extremely well since I  was now using the widest part of the dish for both send and receive.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I might soon have the whole .98 2 watt system for sale with the hn7000s modem.

Your post is old ..... do you still want to sell ?    Where are you, how much are you asking, what is included, which satellite are you commissioned to, and would you be willing for me to take oover yyour contract ?

I believe if you purchase the equipment and it is paid in full that their is no contract to fulfill. Only monthly service payments.  :evil:

And I'd sell you my whole setup with a 6000 modem for $50 plus ship. I went to EVDO and no longer desire it around.  :grin2:

Damn your pretty much giving it away.

Well it aint worth much in scrap.  :wink:  Its just sitting on the roof. And like grandpa said, the 6000 is not much today. But he said he has a 7000 to go with it. So why not? I always pass on favors. And no ad fee this way.  :evil6:

And that'll by the shingles to repair the roof. And a little caulking to fill the siding holes.

the 4000's were still getting the best speeds back then.  :smiley:  They have become the worst since. I have two ofthe bricks in my closet now. Got htem for under $20 for the pair of modems. Plus ship. Heck I'll throw them in for free too plus ship.  :evil:  House cleaning party at Toms office.