How 2b a Canopy Administrator?

coolbuster2007

Guest ExtremeFusion

BTW, and sorry for double post..

SiraComputer's logic is perfect..

I mean if you ever get the chance of having the installer of your canopy access you canopy setup page..

you might want to have your computer pre-installed with a key logger.. hehehe

It's perfect for knowing the password and other thingy that they type that you really shouldn't know..

but back again to CB's tip on becoming an administrator, yeah this is a good one...

and very good for those like me who can access their canopy..

though i have not tried this because i don't know the implications once smart finds out that I'm messing with their setting.. hehehe

momma t, this is practically our isp's fault, since when they install the connection, they should also give you your own administrator account. some of the subscribers come here complaining that they aren't allowed administrator privileges, which they should be. i have my own administrator account, so does most others.

Guest ExtremeFusion

@momma t

Well to think about it, our ISP should have given us the administrator privileges to access our canopy setup page (169.254.1.1)

This is the scenario..

If our connection is crappy what our ISP would do is to send a "technician" to our house(which would take a minimum of 1 day before it will get scheduled for a repair) this "technician" then fix our connection via 169.254.1.1...

I mean we can do that all by ourselves..

If we are all given the administrator account..

we could easily fix our connection (eg. change ap, change the priority channel, change the allocated dl and ul burst speed)  which is the same as to what the technician would do.

It could save us time from waiting for their technician to arrive and we can do it anytime convenient to us.

It could even save money and time for our ISP (since they won't have to hire someone, just to check on our connection..which we can do by ourselves..only if they gave us the administrator account for 169.254.1.1)

BTW, by default 169.254.1.1 is set to administrator account, lucky me my installer didn't lock it to guest account...

Guest ExtremeFusion

I was away when the installer came in our house to get the SM installed..

It was my big bro who assist them in installing it...

Luckily they didn't lock my account to guest..  :azn:

To think about it...

169.254.1.1 is acting strange lately...

when i try to access it, the browser (be it firefox or IE 7) has a super slow progress bar.. as if it doesn't move...

What could be the reason behind this FB?

Guest ExtremeFusion

they are perfectly fine.. it happened before when i'm still using IE 7..

then i installed a new browser Firefox then I was able to access it again..

But now, even in Firefox it won't open..

• 2 weeks later...

i created a user NONE with BLANK password and ADMINISTRATOR privilege... lol

anyway this user was present before but after the hell month of my smartbro when i access the canopy i get only the guest page and i asked SIRACOMPUTER for a password and the root is not present also... luckily admin account is present so i recreated none account...

• 3 weeks later...

sorry noob question.. what's a CAT cable? and will it affect your connection? cause for the past few weeks since they changed our connection to WR512 or something like that our connections been REALLY REALLY unstable.. like on and off every min. or so... best up time that i got is only during off peak hours (1am- 6am) then it goes back to S*cking again...

CAT cable is the wire connected from your canopy to your computer.

i created a user NONE with BLANK password and ADMINISTRATOR privilege... lol

anyway this user was present before but after the hell month of my smartbro when i access the canopy i get only the guest page and i asked SIRACOMPUTER for a password and the root is not present also... luckily admin account is present so i recreated none account...

when you say you asked SiraComputer, you mean you asked her on the other forum? i've never seen her online here again.

• CA3LE locked this topic