is cable nut realy speed up ur connection?

Guest moore8

is cable nut really speed up ur connection?

i think no. it's just like virtual speed because when i used that my internet speed rise to 1000+ kbps but when i go to you tube still the video takes time to buffer before it was play. based on my live monitor of my signal which is nettstat live the signal is true rising up to highest level but it suddenly stop a few minute or second and start again. therefore if u used that the video on you tube still stop n go

based on my evaluation it is better to use a proxy server rather than having a cable nut!

Edit by RTB: Caps off dude. :shocked:

First off no reason for all caps.

Second, cable nut does speed up your connection on your PC because it tweaks the windows stack to the settings that you choose for a broadband connection. Windows XP and below by default is set for a dial up connection and that can/does slow down broadband connections.

Also proxy servers slow down your connection because all of your traffic has to be run through another server.

With Vista Cablenut doesn't work.It makes changes in the registry but those changes don't have any effect.XP on back CN will affect your speed positively with the correct settings or negatively with the wrong ones.If you are getting just a burst then leveling you probably need some different settings.

Maybe the proxy completly loads the You Tube video then sends it at a speed your connection can handle.

With Vista Cablenut doesn't work.It makes changes in the registry but those changes don't have any effect.XP on back CN will affect your speed positively with the correct settings or negatively with the wrong ones.If you are getting just a burst then leveling you probably need some different settings.

Maybe the proxy completly loads the You Tube video then sends it at a speed your connection can handle.

Vista has a self adjusting stack just like OS X and Linux. But it doesn't always adjust right which can really suck. You can still set some of the values in vista But they are just the basic ones and make a little difference.