PLDT problem?

beware187

Hey guys, does anyone experienced a VERY slow connection during peak hours these past weeks? Your connection can be very slow, (300kbps) and cannot achieve a 1mbps+ speed. My buddies also experienced this kind of problem, so one of them called the tech support for pldt, and discovered PLDT is experiencing a networking problem. I got this feeling that they are congesting their own network by pushing so hard on advertising, and not their systems. (notice the pldt ads these days?) So my opinion is, the more the subscribers that they connect in their network, the slower their service become.

I agree with you beware187. I have been paying P3000 for my DSL but I only get "acceptable" connection only early in the morning like 3 AM to 7 AM and beyond that, my high speed is as slow as a dial up. I ordered PLDT to adjust what they charged on my DSL until they resolve the problem.

One funny thing is, on PLDT play, no matter what time of day (whether you have high or slow connection) it registers very high speed. And when you call the tech support, they will tell you that the PLDT play is somewhat accurate and is backed up by the speedtest.net singapore server. I find this one very fishy though because, only Singapore server backs the PLDT play's speed but the reset of the speed test that I took from other servers are very consistent each time I get a very slow speed.

I think, PLDT is trying to rip it's customers off by saying the customers' get the speed they applied for by manipulating their speed test. I have been in battle with PLDT since July of 2007 to deliver me at least the minumum speed of of what they advertise which is 70% (guaranteed speed) of 5 Mbps at that should be 3.5 Mbps speed that I should be getting on my end.

But until now, my speed all through out the day is just only about 300 Kbps and that is way slower of the minimum guaranteed speed. I already filed a complaint against the PLDT to DTI and I am also filing another complaint to NTC.

well the server that i tested from at that other test site that u were speaking of, tested me out at 13.7+ Mbps today, as u can see my actual speed is no where near that...and that server is right here in my own city...tmn tests me right on every time :) i think that some isp's have their own tests...i pretty positive that those tests r gonna be biased in their favor

the test must be in favor on their side but I have benchmarks on the other speed test sites that I have. I know I am getting different speeds on each sites that I take but taking notes on how fast it registers at this particular hour for each of those test sites will give you a rough estimate of how much speed you are getting and comparing it to your ISP's speed test.

On this case, I get similar speed on my ISP's speed test site with only a minimum variation all through out the day. I am quoting this coz no matter what time of day it is, whether I feel that I have a slow or fast connection, PLDT still registers a very high speed. And I think they are manipulating their speed test results.

hahaha. don't mention about smartbro. This always makes me laugh about the smart's idea of "wireless broadband". This is the only wireless that you're still wired inside your house or you can't connect to the net at all.

In US, when you say wireless, your PC or laptop is equiped with the card that can receive signals for you to connect to the internet. This is some sort of wireless router but it is transmitted directly by the provider through a site or a repeater and not from your local "wireless" router

In the bandwidth test of the PLDT, I always get a good result of 2.5+ Mbps, but I don't believe its accuracy and credibility, I always go for the results of TMN.

For me, PLDT is way much better than its wireless counterpart, as a previous smartbro user, I'll prefer PLDT than its sister company, smartbro. The slowest speed that I could get with PLDT is even faster than the average speed of smartbro.

Well smartbro's got another service that they are offering. It's totally wireless, Plan 799, allows you to surf the net anywhere there's a PC. The Smart BRO USB modem is a small, palm-sized device that you can carry with you wherever you go. But it has a catch, it's LIMITED to only 40 hrs! And in excess of 40 hours will be charged P10 per block of 30 minutes! And i believe it totally sucked like smartbro, They don't even advertise it's speed, maybe they are ashamed of how slow it is.

• 4 months later...
Guest adz1922

My peak hour speed:

Way faster than smart bro, and it actually has a decent speed, maybe they fixed their network already. Hey, their tech support actually works! :2funny:

Hey man, what plan are you into?? plan 999 with landline or plan 999 without landline??

what's ur ISP? I have a professional plan for PLDT which I signed up for. They offered the up to 5Mbps last year and that's what the package I got. They told me that I should be getting at least 70% of 5Mbps which is 3.5 Mbps all the time. But since I signed up for the plan, the average speed that I am getting is just 1 - 1.5 Mbps on off peak hours and less than 1Mbps on peak hours. But when the connection is really good, I get up to 2.8 Mbps. But still it's way below the minimum guaranteed speed they should be giving me or shall I say, that I am paying for.

• CA3LE locked this topic