motorola sb5101 modem readings

ronss

i had cox cable out today again , and he stated my modem readings were not good..he also installed a splitter that amplified the signal ...here is my modem power readyings

Frequency 573000000 Hz

Signal To Noise Ratio 33.9 dB

Power Level 4.8 dBmV

The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

the downstream power level was 13 when cox arrived,,, and not its 4.8... he said it was suppose to be under 10....what is the power level reading supose to be at?????

I am with Comcast cable,using a Motorola SB5100 modem. These are my reading, hope it helps you.

Frequency 723000000 Hz Locked

Signal to Noise Ratio 38 dB

Power Level -4 dB

The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Upstream Value

Channel ID 9

Frequency 21600000 Hz Ranged

Power Level 53 dBmV

well, i started having connection problems again... and i bypassed my netgear wpn 824 router,,and now everything is running great... it looks like my router was part of the problem .... this is a new router,,but i have read many threads of lost connections,,,and it looks like mine is doing it... possibly after running for a few hours,,,, then things begin to happen...

well,,it got worse the next day....just don,t get it ..on and off as for working properly and intermitent connections

so i made another appointment,,,the Cox tech was out today, supervisor, tuesday.. someone wired something wrong outside, then he said i did not need a amplifier inside the apartment to my modem,,he said there was such thing as over-amplifying. then he checked the signal/noise on my modem..low. i think it was 28... so he did some things, ,,the modem i have is new bought from wallmart last month , motorola 5101,, and so i got my old one out, and it was acceptable noise/ signal... he checked my speed after all this...it was very slow and he rescheduled an appointment for friday... they should come right out the next day i was thinking.. anyhow,, after he left, my tv and internet went dead twice momentarly and cam on again..   ... now my interent works great....why was it slow when he was here, and fast an hour later...sometimes i think Cox is making repairs...and not telling the customer.