can't create folders

reno

I know I haven't been here in ages but I haven't had a computer in awhile, now that I do I am having some weiiird problems. I tryed to download steam to play CSS and such and when I went to install it, it said it couldn't crate the program files/steam folder huh weird so I gave up on it, well now I am trying to install itunes for my ipod and I am getting another error saying that it cant create the folder program files/common files. A friend of mine said that the hard drive might be failing and do some stress tests on it so I did and it passed all of them, what else could be causing this to happen. Thankkss

omg reno!!!...good to see u!!...i came in here when i saw ur post...to ask u where u been...and then i saw ur explanation...

welcome back :welcome::wave: ...good to see u...tell us what u been doing...how have u been??...tell all...

and of course u know that someone will be in here to help u solve ur issue...

I don't know what OS you have if it's Vista you may need to give access permission.

Since you are able to DL it It's probably not the firewall.

It might have something to do with copyright protection.

I did some looking at steam maybe you need the installer

Download and run the Steam Installer from Steampowered.com

http://steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi

I was just able to figure it out, it was on XP and some how program files lost permissions to install, I did this calcs thing in CMD and I was able to get it back working.

I was gone for a some personal reasons. But I am back and Ill be posting with you all again :D