XP SP3 RC Release

coknuck

thanks Coknuck, I see it is a pre -release  ,

and comes with this warning "do not use this  software on primary or mission critical systems." and as I am allways on a mission  :smitten:

I am going to give it a miss , I just hope it slipstreams OK onto the original Xp disk ,

and I have restore turned off on my machine , I just do a monthly ASR shadow copy , that way if I hit problems , the hard drive gets formated ,

and it reloads Xp sp2 back on in about 20 mins. along with  of all the programs , 

Hi jeffwalker... first ,Merry Christmas " or seasonal greeting whichever is suitable , you are tempting me to give SP3 a try, maybe I will try it on my spare puter , as I like the sound of "faster "  and with my old boxes I could do with any speed increase I can get ,

Download & install it last night onto my second computer. No problems so far.

If you have Spybot S&D Resident on,you might want to temporary disable it when you install the patch. It will save your index finger some wear & tear.

yes I have spybot res. and with the missing address bar that is 2 strikes and out for me , do I need this ? when sp3 full is going to be released in first quarter 2008 ?, I always figured it was not a good idea to be the first in the queue on a new release, . puter stuff or cars , , Just my way of thinking I guess , Why should I be the unpaid test dummy  ?

Guest jeffwalker9999

Download & install it last night onto my second computer. No problems so far.

If you have Spybot S&D Resident on,you might want to temporary disable it when you install the patch. It will save your index finger some wear & tear.

I agree

it will make you click click

also turn off all unneeded tsr services

before you begin the installment

it is beta

so be careful if going to install

yes I have spybot res. and with the missing address bar that is 2 strikes and out for me , do I need this ? when sp3 full is going to be released in first quarter 2008 ?, I always figured it was not a good idea to be the first in the queue on a new release, . puter stuff or cars , , Just my way of thinking I guess , Why should I be the unpaid test dummy  ?

To disable and restart spybot only takes a few click, it's no big deal. I also notice that I do not have a Prefetch file in C:/windows any more. It does not matter I disable it anyway. I do not know if it had anything to do with the patch.