Time warner internet upgrade for my area!!!

I'm located in southeastern ohio.  I'v had roadrunner a while back.  The speed would go up to about 1.5mb download.  I was told they were just using t-1's to serve the area.  I'v been told they now have in place and are testing a whole new circuit.  So the speed should increase dramatically.  Hopefully the standard roadrunner will go up to 7mb instead of the 1.5 mb it used to get.  This is for the rural southeastern ohio area along the ohio river in the new matamoras, sardis and hannibal ohio area.  I'm excited because of the higher speeds. Right now i'm limited to 2.5mb download speed due to the dsl distance issues.  So if this pans out looks like i'll probably switch back to the cable internet for the higher speeds.     

I miss my roadrunner connect. When i first started using rr it had a 5meg down and a 128k up. Then they made 7meg standard with 256k. I thought that was pretty fast. Then i found out for 10 more bucks a month i could get 10meg down and 512k up. I was downloading like a mad man  :smitten: I could get over 4.7 gig in an hour no problem was loving that now i got horrible net due to a move but i would support roadrunner 100% for constant speeds and great reliability. Not only that they offer a premium newsgroup server that i believe keeps files for about 200 days. Was 3 when i first started using them. Unlimited download to those newsgroups at no extra charge free usenet is a huge factor for me when picking an isp. Wish i could get rr again  [nerdly]

• 3 weeks later...

i'v been told by a friend the upgade is now complete.   :grin2:  He has roadrunner standard and was getting about 7mb download.  I have already put in an order for installation.  I'm coming from at&t dsl so this is going to be a good bit faster.  It's good to see time warner on the ball here.   The area was a former adelphia area and the internet speeds weren't very good, so this is a very welcome upgrade.   plus for 10 bucks more a month i could have 15mb speeds.    :grin2:

I just got hooked up.  I'm on the 7mb plan for now.  My speed doesn't look to bad.  I'm happy.  :grin2:  Now later today i may call them up and get the 15 mb for 9.95 a month more.  :grin2:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 6264 Kbps about 6.3 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 765 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/01/16 - 8:25am

Bottom Line:: 109X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.34 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 7.825 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 22.68 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IDO213X0H

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Avant Browser; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) [!]

::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 11700 Kbps about 11.7 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1428 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/01/18 - 8:46pm

Bottom Line:: 204X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.72 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 8.514 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 129.1 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-C9E1XSG6P

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 [!]

I just upgraded to the turbo package.  :grin2: