finaly my security point!!

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

I here and see time and time again. Use firefox its more secure. I have said time and time again thats just wrong and nothing but hype. Here is my point. Use which ever browser works for you. To force yourself into one browser because of hype is just wrong. Yes firefox nice browser. More secure than ie6?? Please give me a break and quit buying the hype. Here is my point.      http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1754502,00.asp

:haha: :haha: You seem to take this real personal... calm down. For me the proof is in the pudding. With IE i constantly get poups Firefox I don't, with IE I can surf for a couple of hours run spybot and ad aware and get hundreds of hits, I can use Firefox for months with none. All in personal preference though I guess..... Caaaallm Dooowwn, Say it with me GooosFabra... GOOOSfabra. :D

ok Helloimtim.. you need to do some research..

http://secunia.com/product/11/ Microsoft problems..

?type=cri&period=all&prod=11

?type=sol&period=all&prod=11

?type=imp&period=all&prod=11

Firefox 1.0

?type=cri&period=all&prod=4227

?type=sol&period=all&prod=4227

?type=imp&period=all&prod=4227

Ok now lets compair companies.. Mozilla /firefox was written and now it will not be updated until the free souce world has some time.. Microsoft.. they have tons of programmers "fixing" their flaws!!  So i guess it is just how you look at it.. Microsoft more problems.. Firefox few problems... easy fix.. Do use the tab feature when you are using a HTTPs connection.. System access or browser hijack.. one you can fix the other you cant..

Guest helloimtim

It makes no sense to me. Maybey Im wrong. I have surfed just about all the nasy sites I can find with ie never one problem. Maybey its just a bandwagon thing. Personally I have always gone against the grain and done my own thing. If everyone was saying how great ie was I would probally use fire fox. i have always said most problems from spyware and virus come from p2p and "freeware". Not the browsers fault you hit the "install" button. But in time my point will be made. Firefox opera ie6 all about the same. Security problems. Diffrent issues but still the same. You show me 1 site that can magicaly install a program without my knowing. Juts one. I have yet to find one. Seems odd that I can surf with ie on default with service pack 2 and one 1 problem. I even look for nasty stuff to prove Im wrong. No luck. I personally in my humble oppinion and all due respect to everyone just think its all hype. Everyone see the words this is so much more secure buy it and use it. Thats cool. I have been seeing more and more issues with firefox every day. Im sure it will get worse. All the 3rd party plug ins that is used. Want to bet sooner or later they will find a virus and or trojan?? It will happen. Bottome line. Feel free to use whateer browser you want. To say this is more secure than that one in my humble oppinion ranks right up there with the statement "we have to go to war they have nukes".............Peace.............im out

Have you ever heard of ActiveX?  That is where you can get into trouble... Isnt it interesting how browser hijacks normally happen on IE machine??  You dont have to go very far to collect tons of spyware, hell of alot of popups, a hijack.. and maybe if you are lucky a trojan or two.. Plus you will not know when someone takes control of you computer.. or when you pick something up..

:haha: I am not trying to start a fight.. I am just providing facts...  I use firefox as my primary browser.. But i still have IE for the times that Firefox doesnt work or displays odd results..  I was just pointing out that IE might not be the most secure browser available to the users.. It is you opinion..