help!!! formatting..

rich_aled

hi everyone... i need help!!! im having a problem formatting my hard disk.. im currently using only one hard disk and my sister reformat it.. but now i need to format the hard disk it wotn format.. and what ive notice everytime i reformat my hard disk with out formatting it my free space are always getting liitle!!! help pls!!!

sorry for my poor english!!!

It sounds as if you are re-installing an operating system on a new partition each time.

That would account for the "smaller" size .

If you want to do a complete format before installation, just place the OS disk in the tray, shut down,  restart ( you may have to hit F12 or F2 key to boot from cd depending on your system. Usually though , autostart will take over w/ an OS.

When you see where the screen says "delete existing partition" or partitions, do so , if you want to use the entire disk space. Pay close attention, read everything before hitting any keys.  Let us know how your doing : )

Google [format harddrive] and found this web site.http://www.ehow.com/how_6026_format-hard-drive.html

The instruction look pretty good. Remember when you format or partition a harddrive you will lose everything that is on that drive, so back up all the files you want to keep to another harddrive or a CD or DVD. You will also need a windows install disk if the os is on the drive you are reformatting so you can reinstall the os..

Guest ExtremeFusion

in an accidental case of format..

there are a lot of file recovery program out there..

I use file scavenger 3 and it is actually useful...