SMARTBRO PLAN 999.. Please POst Your Fastest Speed Here ^^

megabytez

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant i anymore speed up my internet connection? like the one's b4 me..which can make their connection boost like 10foldz... or something.. i only reach 1.6mb once when i run speedtest..but now it only varies to 370-500..  hmmm. mostly 390 something..

i would like it to remain 500 or something..

i didn't do any tweakings on my connection its just that i've timed right to test my connection at its bursting speed. sometimes i got connections as low 100+ kbps especially during afternoon..  and maybe im very near from my base station. ive tried the tweaks but it didn't work for me coz my canopy page is blocked. and the speed also depend on how many people are connected to your base station, the lesser the people the faster the speed. correct me if im wrong.

@cool buster thanks for welcoming me. HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO.

@everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR nice to meet you guys!

i followed the 20 steps 3-4 months ago. i didnt get good results at first. now heres my speed....

so you have reaped the fruit of your labor 3-4 months later...not bad.  :cheesy:

i didn't do any tweakings on my connection its just that i've timed right to test my connection at its bursting speed. sometimes i got connections as low 100+ Kbps especially during afternoon..  and maybe im very near from my base station. ive tried the tweaks but it didn't work for me coz my canopy page is blocked. and the speed also depend on how many people are connected to your base station, the lesser the people the faster the speed. correct me if im wrong.

@cool buster thanks for welcoming me. HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO.

@everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR nice to meet you guys!

pleased to meet you too! you must have a very high RSSI since you are close to the base station. try to turn off your firewall before accessing your canopy page. (personal exp: i found out recently that comodo firewall blocks access to the canopy page). and oh yeah, the lesser the usercount (er, in your term, "people") the higher the chance you will get faster speeds coz there's less users consuming the bandwidth allocated to your access point.

hope you enjoy your stay here fella  :smiley:

Guest ExtremeFusion

@bvirus

well in layman's term it is where our AP (Access Point) are located...

and about your second question.. NO, it does not guarantee a faster speed.

Being close to the AP or base station doesn't necessarily means faster speed.

You have to consider the following factors, like:

Jitter

Sector Usage Count

RSSI

BTW, our SM doesn't like full blast signal from our AP

according to Wikipedia this is the minimum distance that the canopy should be from the base station or AP

500 m (The Subscriber Modules (SMs) do not like having a "full blast" signal)

haha thanks  :cheesy:

yeah mine is tweaked... it would be coolbusters's 20>tweak then I use a proxy (proxy.smartbro.net prot:8080),

@megabytez

Ok I'll try dual test NEXT time after i make my connection on tip top shape again, it doesnt seem to have constant speed every other evening, its rarely fast and mostly slow, my location is in olongapo btw. What I do most of the times is changing APs (Access Points / Color codes), if im lucky enough my speeds would reach 20+ Kbps... unlike u who seems to be alot more lucky than most of us smartbro subscribers, "blessed" would be the word  :grin2: