SMARTBRO PLAN 999.. Please POst Your Fastest Speed Here ^^

megabytez

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW'S THIS??

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 6369 Kbps about 6.4 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 777 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/01/17 - 6:48pm

Bottom Line:: 111X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.32 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 15.64 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 117.08 % faster than the average for host (sky.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ASK7MWGYI

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Sky Broadband; SIMBAR={AE18B1E1-D7D9-445F-B304-61C00DD18736}; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Seekmo 10.0.341.0) [!]

I LIVE APPROX 300MTRS FROM THE EXCHANGE, WHAT DO YOU THINK.

[nerd] heheh tried to follow coolbusters 20 steps to success this was my result. My first tweak.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 424 Kbps about 0.42 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 52 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 166 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 20 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/01/22 - 7:41pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KZCXO7LVU

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-A06F1P75E

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 [!]

that speed was courtesy of this forum... special mention to megabytes, frostbound and coolbuster... not necessarily in that order though.

had my Smart Bro(ken) installed dec 23... average speed then up to jan 20 was just 60-65Kbps.... everyday phone calls to cust care of smart, 4 technical/contractors on-site visit, 2 internal smart technical on site visit, didn't help at all.

cust care was saying its my antenna that's causing the slow speed while the contractors were saying it is the base station.

i guess i have to thank smart for their incompetence for if not for that, i would not have found this forum.

thanks guys for all the valuable help, and to think you are not even being paid by smart to do it.

more power

that speed was courtesy of this forum... special mention to megabytes, frostbound and coolbuster... not necessarily in that order though.

had my Smart Bro(ken) installed dec 23... average speed then up to jan 20 was just 60-65Kbps.... everyday phone calls to cust care of smart, 4 technical/contractors on-site visit, 2 internal smart technical on site visit, didn't help at all.

cust care was saying its my antenna that's causing the slow speed while the contractors were saying it is the base station.

i guess i have to thank smart for their incompetence for if not for that, i would not have found this forum.

thanks guys for all the valuable help, and to think you are not even being paid by smart to do it.

more power

our pleasure. come back here more often for updates. there is still room for improvement.  :wink:

good day guys...

if you may, i have two questions for the day.

1) anyone knows what "Error Code # 2a" means? This is the information SmartBro(ken) QuickFix Ver. 2.1 is giving me when I do the connection test. Nobody from Smart, either their cust care nor their contractors, is aware of what it means.

2) my basestation is still capped at 384Kpbs.is there any chance that i can get the speeds of MB, or CB, or FB?

thaks in advance and again more power.

here is my current speed as i post this one:

share2-ICZ1PR3YF&dual=yes&q2=4X8C27QJY

good day guys...

if you may, i have two questions for the day.

1) anyone knows what "Error Code # 2a" means? This is the information SmartBro(ken) QuickFix Ver. 2.1 is giving me when I do the connection test. Nobody from Smart, either their cust care nor their contractors, is aware of what it means.

2) my basestation is still capped at 384Kpbs.is there any chance that i can get the speeds of MB, or CB, or FB?

thaks in advance and again more power.

here is my current speed as i post this one:

share2-ICZ1PR3YF&dual=yes&q2=4X8C27QJY

for #1 - i don't use quickfix. recommendation? UNINSTALL.

#2 - yes there is. keep on tweaking. just keep a record of all changes that

you make, it will be useful once you mess up.

:smiley:

wait, don't just yet (i think). i got disconnected last week and the only thing working was quickfix. i know - not helpful.. but it showed an error 5b. i ran diagnostic tests from QFix and it showed i have a problem in backhaul (whatever it means) and the error code appeared. i called up CSR and told me 5b is my basestation. somehow they were right. i did want to uninstall it b4 but i thought it might come in handy... :grin2: