Port Forwarding with SmartBRO

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

F#CK, Forget the whole thing...

I called SmartBro, stupid and idiotic support last night.

I asked directly how to port forward with SmartBRo..

Definitely the lady whom i talked to, doesn't have any **** clue about what I am saying.. S - - - - D!

She had to put me on hold for about 5 mins. to get a script so she could answer my question.. Jeez! and not to mention they are supposed to be technical support?!?!?! Duh?!  :booty:

BTW, she said (TSR) that port forwarding is not implemented in smartbro wifi internet..

and that the technology is limited only for net browsing... :wtf:

If we want to port forward with smartbro we could avail their corporate packages as she told me. (F#$K THEM!  :321:, IT IS WAY TO EXPENSIVE FOR SUCH A SMALL SPEED INCREASE)

Check your SmartBro bills it is indicated there the price of the corporate packages.

Anyone out there who is a genius in getting around the system setting of our internet (ISP) to be able to port forward,

we could use a little help.  :sad:

Guest ExtremeFusion

i believe cb has port forwarding enabled. it requires a program called PFConfig. you need to get the registered version though.

yes he did, but how does he know what router SmartBro uses?

There is a step their in PFCONFIG that you need to select which router you use..

What if you connect directly to your SM what router would you choose?

• 2 weeks later...

hello im a new user here at testmy.net i tried the Pfc config but unfortunately you need to pay for the program tehee and i've no way of doing that because im only a student w/ no access to any credit card what so ever... is there anyway to manually port forward by messing with some settings in our canopy configuration?

Guest ExtremeFusion

hello im a new user here at testmy.net i tried the Pfc config but unfortunately you need to pay for the program tehee and i've no way of doing that because im only a student w/ no access to any credit card what so ever... is there anyway to manually port forward by messing with some settings in our canopy configuration?

If you are using Canopy with software version 8.0

try this

http://www.testmy.net/t-21910.msg254663#msg254663

Be forewarn there is a high chance that you will loss your internet connection if done in the wrong way..

• CA3LE locked this topic