Nice and coooool

CA3LE

Wow, I don't know how I did it.. but god damn.

I changed all the fans in my case, my 90mm fan was changed out to a Thermaltake A2017 (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811999121) and then I changed out my 120mm fans to ARCTIC COOLING AF12025 (really quite Fluid Dynamic bearings... very nice).  All the fans are super quite.  But the 90mm fan (it's my side fan) has a manual speed control.  No matter what speed it's set to my cpu runs at the most at 80*F idle... but if I crank it up (where it gets a tad loud) it somehow gets BELOW room temp.. I have no idea how, lol. 

My room temp in here right now is 72*f -- how can you explain this screenshot.

By the way, I'm able to get such low temps because I have a core2 duo, and they run pretty cool by themselves.. BUT I also have an ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134) -- which I've said many times that I highly recommend, that sucker is so awesome that I can actually turn the CPU cooler fan off (and have no fans pointing at the CPU) and the heatsink alone is good enough, not even breaking 98*F idle... crazy, full load with the fan off I think it gets up to like 114*F or something.

Anyways, the temp in the screenshot is also with my system overclocked 20%  :-D -- 1337!!  :-D  -- how the hell is it under the room temp though?!?!  - only time I've seen that is with a pelteir :-P  -- maybe it's because the air is moving so fast across the heatsink, the case fan that I'm cranking up is a side fan that points right at the heatsink.

All I know is that I'm glad I changed these fans out, my temps dropped a pretty good amount, it was already running ice cold.  But the main thing I like is that the case is silent... so quite you wouldn't hardly know it's running if all the blue lights weren't glowing  :-P.

I changed all the fans in my case, my 90mm fan was changed out to a Thermaltake A2017 (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811999121) and then I changed out my 120mm fans to ARCTIC COOLING AF12025 (really quite Fluid Dynamic bearings... very nice).  All the fans are super quite.  But the 90mm fan (it's my side fan) has a manual speed control.  No matter what speed it's set to my cpu runs at the most at 80*F idle... but if I crank it up (where it gets a tad loud) it somehow gets BELOW room temp.. I have no idea how, lol. 

By the way, I'm able to get such low temps because I have a core2 duo, and they run pretty cool by themselves.. BUT I also have an ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134) -- which I've said many times that I highly recommend, that sucker is so awesome that I can actually turn the CPU cooler fan off (and have no fans pointing at the CPU) and the heatsink alone is good enough, not even breaking 98*F idle... crazy, full load with the fan off I think it gets up to like 114*F or something.

Anyways, the temp in the screenshot is also with my system overclocked 20%  :-D -- 1337!!  :-D  -- how the hell is it under the room temp though?!?!  - only time I've seen that is with a pelteir :-P  -- maybe it's because the air is moving so fast across the heatsink, the case fan that I'm cranking up is a side fan that points right at the heatsink.

Easy. It's a badly calibrated sensor. As buntz said, CoreTemp will show a higher and more correct temperature reading.

Hmnm, very odd indeed "it somehow gets BELOW room temp.. I have no idea how, ".  me neither , that flies against the rules of thermo -something ,

room temp.72 F , CPU 66F  :shocked:  the way I see it room air in at ambient of 72 F, fan ( which will generate some temp , ) slightly compresses the air , adding more temp , at this point the air temp cant be lower than 72F most likely nearer 74 F , blows across the heat sink sitting on the CPU , which has to be higher than ambient room temp of 72F , but you get a reading of 66 F,

thats got me beat for sure ,  :icon_scratch:

Ca3le you sure your not checking your drinks cooler  :lol:

have or can you check the temp in the BIOS , ? I would worry about a sensor if that was my box ,

Ca3le, would you have a log file that can record the average cpu temp over an hour?  Just a thought, [nerdly] the air on your floor is cooler then the air on your ceiling (heat rises).  Although I doubt the difference between the two is more then 10 degrees.  When you measured the temperature of the room how far apart were the thermometer and the computer case? (I'm looking to explain those missing 6 degrees)

My pentium 4 3Ghz (heat producer) idles at 43C or 109F, stock heatsink, and it's max operating temp is 70C or 158F.

[url=http://processorfinder.intel.com/List.aspx?ProcFam=2558&sSpec=&OrdCode=]Intel

have or can you check the temp in the BIOS , ? I would worry about a sensor if that was my box ,

yeah, the temp reads the same... it's been a little while since I checked it in the BIOS.  But last time I did it read the same,

I did the same thing a while back. Changed all the fans in my box because one started making noise. It quieted it down nicely. You should try out Core Temp, it tell you the temp of each core.

I'll try that out.  I had no idea that you could check the temp of each core like that.  I'll try out 'Core Temp' and repost here.  bbiab.  ;-)

yeah, the temp reads the same... it's been a little while since I checked it in the BIOS.  But last time I did it read the same,

I'll try that out.  I had no idea that you could check the temp of each core like that.  I'll try out 'Core Temp' and repost here.  bbiab.  ;-)

Wow, that program crached HARDCORE.  It gave me an error, saying something about a driver not being able to load... then once I hit 'OK' it popped up the same error, OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  So bad that I had to just log out and log back in.  Any suggestions of other programs that do the same thing?

Okay, I installed 'speedfan' -- very nice program by the way.  I just installed it on my moms computer tonight so I already had it downloaded which is nice.  :)

I found out after installing it that it actually has the option to show the individual core temps.

So anyways, the temp that I was seeing must have been an outside temp or some shit, because the core temps are a little bit higher, and are more in line with what you'd expect the temp to be.  See the screenshot, the 'CPU' temp in the ASUS probe program shows the same as the temp that speedfan shows... but the core temps shown by speedfan are higher.  Anyways, I'm still very happy with the temps that I'm getting, especially since I have the system overclocked by 20%  :)

You guys should post some temperature screenshots.

OH YEAH, what's a good program to show the temperature of my video card?  I have an ATI Radeon x1950XT.  Also, what's a good program to overclock my video card?

Check out my wishlist for cooling my video card once I deceide to start overclocking that sucka....

The cooler/heatsink (ARCTIC COOLING Accelero S1 VGA Cooler) >> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835186016

The fans (ARCTIC COOLING Turbo Module Sleeve Dual VGA Fan) >> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835186021

Thermal Compound (for glueing the memory heatsinks, I guess the stuff they give with the kit sucks...)

I think this is pretty much the most kick ass cooler for my video card, any of you ever used this or seen this cooler first hand??  Once I get this cooler then I'll be overclocking my video card... but what program should I use to check the temp AND what should I use to do the actual overclocking?

-D

I use RivaTuner to overclock my 2  Nvidia 7800 GT and it will also tell you the temperature of the card. You can also use PC Wizard 2008 ,it will also tell you the temperature of the video card, harddrives and the CPU.

Gotta go it 1:30 am on the east coast, time for bed.

Speed fan ,Great prog.  been using it for years ,

it does more than just temps. the smart drive part is usefull ,

especially the on line analysis , it highlighted a problem I was having with an IDE cable ,

BTW,  it does Vid card temp on my humble box  , (Nvidia card )

:lol:Coknuck, your speed fan needs updating  :wink:

Im probably odd in terms of fans and noise. I prefer to hear mine. Thats why when I installed my 2 120 mm fans in the case the noise really mattered not to me. Not super loud but enough to know those bad boys are spinning. That way if a fan were to die or stop I would notice a difference in sound with my computer running.

Same way with a car. Don't want it to be to quiet. That way if she is not running right you can hear it. I just learn to ignore the noise but will make the effort to listen every once in awhile to make sure things are good, if that makes sense. Like living near a airport, in time you learn to ignore the sounds of the airplane.

Im probably odd in terms of fans and noise. I prefer to hear mine. Thats why when I installed my 2 120 mm fans in the case the noise really mattered not to me. Not super loud but enough to know those bad boys are spinning. That way if a fan were to die or stop I would notice a difference in sound with my computer running. 

Same way with a car. Don't want it to be to quiet. That way if she is not running right you can hear it. I just learn to ignore the noise but will make the effort to listen every once in awhile to make sure things are good, if that makes sense. Like living near a airport, in time you learn to ignore the sounds of the airplane.

:iamwithstupid:

Wow, I don't know how I did it.. but god damn.

All I know is that I'm glad I changed these fans out, my temps dropped a pretty good amount, it was already running ice cold.  But the main thing I like is that the case is silent... so quite you wouldn't hardly know it's running if all the blue lights weren't glowing  :-P.

Why is it EVERY DAMN TIME I read a thread title of yours I have to come in to see if it needs to be moved to off topic?  :knuppel2: You want me to get that ass dont you?  :knuppel2::kiss:

Guest ExtremeFusion

Aside form blowers (like those from vacuum cleaners that you just reverse the control, so that it will "blow", I'm really looking stupid with this.. 'aint I ?!)

Anyways, is there any other tool I could use, to remove tons of dust from the box cooler of my CPU and other parts of my PC...

If it could help, I'm running PIV 2.4 GHz Northwood...