Nice and coooool

CA3LE

You can go down to the local service station and ask if you could use his compressed air. Just make sure he turn the pressure down some so you do not damage the computer, you do not need much pressure.

Need to learn to type faster to beat out tommie. :haha:

Guest ExtremeFusion

Thanks guys, I clean the PC, also the Heat Sink, swipe clean the fins... still getting the same temp 70C

maybe there is something wrong with my PC's sensors..  :idiot2:.

I have a P4 3.2 Prescott. I also use an ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler.

yeah, that CPU cooler is the shiznit  :)  -- I put the 'ARCTIC COOLING ACFZ4 80mm Ceramic' in tdawn's computer and for the first time I saw an arctic cooling fan go bad... but it had good reason, the fan must have hit a cable or something because when i got in there to see what was up two of the fan blades were damaged and the fan was spinning at about 60RPM.  The heatsink kicks so much ass that even though the fan was fucked it still kept her computer cool enough to run, although the computer shut down every so often when it got over 55*C --- she has a CeleronD so her CPU runs hotter than mine, as I said before with my Core2 Duo combined with the freezer 7 I don't break 100*F (38*C) with the fan OFF.  Pretty nuts, that Core2 Duo is so optimized, I love it... I haven't compared the voltage but I'm sure with how cool it runs the voltage is significantly lower than other chips.  My old pentiumD ran much hotter... they sure have come a long ways with the dual core architecture.

Speed fan ,Great prog.  been using it for years ,

it does more than just temps. the smart drive part is usefull ,

especially the on line analysis , it highlighted a problem I was having with an IDE cable ,

BTW,  it does Vid card temp on my humble box  , (Nvidia card )

:lol:Coknuck, your speed fan needs updating  :wink:

Is there something I need to do special to display the video card temp with speedfan?

The temps it's showing are...  System, CPU, Core 0, Core 1... and one that says AUX, which is obviously something that's reading incorrectly because it reads between 205*F and 230*F, lol.  -- anyways, let me know

Im probably odd in terms of fans and noise. I prefer to hear mine. Thats why when I installed my 2 120 mm fans in the case the noise really mattered not to me. Not super loud but enough to know those bad boys are spinning. That way if a fan were to die or stop I would notice a difference in sound with my computer running.

Same way with a car. Don't want it to be to quiet. That way if she is not running right you can hear it. I just learn to ignore the noise but will make the effort to listen every once in awhile to make sure things are good, if that makes sense. Like living near a airport, in time you learn to ignore the sounds of the airplane.

When I was younger I used to like to hear my performance also... but after a lifetime of noise you start to change your way of thinking... and when you realize that you can get the same performance with silence and then you put it to practice you start becoming a fan of the silence.  Especially since lately I've been running my powerhouse PC in my livingroom... last thing I want in my living room is the sound of a 747... loud ass fans tend to ruin the ambiance when you're watching a movie  :-P --- it's sooooo sick, I have my computer running on HD outputs to my 50" plasma.. I'm soooo in love.  I also gotta Dell XPS Gen4 (first computer besides laptops that I've owned that I didn't build myself) off someone who was going to tr4ash it because he got locked out of it... didn't know the windows password and didn't know the BIOS password.. since he didn't know the BIOS password he couldn't change the boot sequence to make it possible to boot from CD to reinstall windows.  So I got it off him for $250!!! -- new with the upgrades it has it was like a $3000 computer...  system with a radeon X800XT, 160GB RAID0 array, Sound Blaster Audiology 4, 2GB of 566MHz ram and a P4 3.4GHz -- and the case is crazy, the CPU cooler is built in and has 2 120mm fans and a HUGE heatsink for the CPU and a butt load of cooling for the rest of the case... so it was basically a TOTAL steal for $250 --- I ended up getting  Vista installed on it after Linux boot hack of the windows password.  So I got that puppy running on the 26" Sony Bravia LCD in my bedroom... it's friggen awesome.  I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with my office... my office computer's in my livingroom right now so my normal monitor is all lonely in there... I suppose I could hook my laptop up to it  :-/ -------------- anyone know if they sell a DVI to VGA conversion plug?  I already have the VGA to DVI converter but I need one the other way around, I'm sure it's out there but I've never seen one.  I need one because my monitor is DVI but my laptop's output is normal VGA.

EDIT BELOW....

I just took some pictures of my computers and uploaded the images.  It started as me just taking a picture of the cooling system on the XPS, I wanted to show that to you guys... it's the only time I've seen 2 120mm fans as a CPU cooler... it's soooo cool, I just HAD to show you guys.... but that's what it started as.  And it ended up that I took pictures of everything and then I moved on to my main PC and took pics of that too.  lol

Click HERE if you'd like to check out the computer I got for $250, the pics illustrate the 2X 120mm CPU cooling fan system on it... very sweet.

And if ya want to check out my other self built computer click HERE.  Oh god.. Now I'm just showin' off :-P ... Oh yeah.. a cool thing that I just got for it is the floppy drive, it's not just a gay ass floppy, it also has a multi card reader... pretty much reads every type of flash card.  Even though it doesn't say so it even reads my xD card from my camera, I was suprised... supposed to read something like 52 different types.  Hell I never even knew there was that many card types, haha.  If you want one I got mine at NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813998514) -- the USB cable is a little stupid, they really should have made it an internal USB type plug.  But I guess the way they did it makes it easier for people that don't know what they're doing... or aren't AS computer literate as most of us here are.  -- both pic sets also show the sweet ass monitors I'm running them on :-D -- a Phillips 50" Plasma and a 26" Sony Bravia LCD .. although the Bravia is smaller I totally loooooove the picture on it.. LCD is totally much better as a computer monitor, much crisper :-D -- that's why I think I'm going to take my plasma back and swap it out for another LCD.. I got it at Sams Club so I don't have to worry about the return... they have an unlimited return policy as long as you have your receipt, so far I've swapped my TV out about 8 or more times  :-D -- no questions asked, hehe.  -- OKAY, I'll shut up now.

anyways.. blah blah blah... wow, I typed much more than I meant to  :-P

-D

Yo bro are you sure those are 120mm fans? If I remember they are 90mm, that is the same case that my dell precision at work uses and it has 2 90mm fans.

Also in this picture http://www.testmy.net/shared_images/My%20Computers/Dell%20XPS%20Gen4/DSC00069.JPG one fan is backwards.  You have one blowing in and one blowing out, they should both be blowing out  :haha:

the 26" LCD TV for a monitor is real nice and all, but the res. is kinda low for that size computer monitor. And if you decide to swap your 50" plasma don't get a LCD that big They get really bad in that size. 42" is usually the cut off for when you would go for a plasma.

Is there something I need to do special to display the video card temp with speedfan?

The temps it's showing are...  System, CPU, Core 0, Core 1... and one that says AUX, which is obviously something that's reading incorrectly because it reads between 205*F and 230*F, lol.  -- anyways, let me know

My vid card was labeled as Aux in speed fan , that temp may be it , and correct ,

My Nvidia card  idles at 113F (45C )  and reaches core slow down at 293F (145C ) never been over 60C though ,

Thanks guys, I clean the PC, also the Heat Sink, swipe clean the fins... still getting the same temp 70C

maybe there is something wrong with my PC's sensors..  :idiot2:.

easy way to check CPU temp , if you suspect sensor reading ,

run for an hour or so,  power down and turn off mains supply ,

remove side cover , take anti stat precautions

then  gently touch the side of the heat sink ,

36- 40 C it will feel warm

40-50 C  it will feel very warm

50-60 C it will feel hot

60 >  ouch

this is assuming the heat sink is properly attached and the heat transfer paste is OK ,

looking at your other temps.m/b,hdo,hdi, I would guess you have a room temperature

of around 25C ?