Hard Drive not being detected while Windows is running

RXDriv3r

I tried searching cause Im sure its happened to some of you.  This is what happened, the other day my cousin came over with his HDD to see if I could transfer a 6 GB file over to his, so I turned the PC off, took my slave HDD off and plugged his in, well the computer at first didnt detect any HDDs but after a reboot it did, thru the POST test the BIOS does when the PC turns on, but once its in Windows and i go to My Computer only my Master HDD shows, couldnt get it done so he took his HDD home and I plugged mine in like it was and the same thing is happening, doesnt show up in My Computer. 

Its not the plugs, or the jumpers cause I've checked those so many times lol.

Well help is appreciated and thanks in advanced everyone.

Also Happy New Years and I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays.

could be that when you put his formatted disk into your pc it didnt like your motherboard/bios stuff and instead decided to be an ass about it and not work...you know....compatiblity issues...  :grin2: 

I rebuilt a computer for a co worker and the only thing i kept was her hard disk and had to reinstall windows and everything just to get it to load the harddrive...even though it was recognized as primary master during POST.  (i backed up so it was cool)