SmartBro Canopy Software Update, How to? (w/ screenshots)

Guest ExtremeFusion

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ExtremeFusion

it means that there are no account created to access/protect the Canopy GUI so it's using the default account(which is the administrator) to access it...

account_canopy.JPG

It's not about site contact or anything else, your Canopy are still usable and is fine, just ignore it...

mine is set to account: none and level: administrator, but still it doesn't say that no valid accounts configurable...

well maybe that is just my canopy..oh i see you have boot version 3.0

Guest ExtremeFusion

@liesfortheliars

in Run, command.. type cmd

then type telnet 169.254.1.1

then you can either type reset(to reboot the SM) or resetdefault (to reset the SM to its default setting as if you were using an override plug, beware if you don't know how to configure an SM after that.. then you will not have an internet connection)

BTW, is your lan properties set to

IP: 169.254.3.3

Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

if not, then pls do so, before updating your canopy via CNUT...

Guest ExtremeFusion

kuddos!  :smiley:

and to you too EF  :afro:

its good to be called "kuya" isn't it? part of our customs. :angel4:

yeah, you are right..

I'd prefer kuya than sir..

though i'm not that old  :grin:

wow thanx EF!!!

uv done it again!!!

upgrading my canopy was a success!!! made my speed boost from 360 to this one!!!!    :-P thanx man!!!! nice to have kind people who shares their talents!!!

uv always been a great help to us here!!! thanx again dude!!! i am very grateful!!!

yeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeyyyy!!!!

anyway, am also hopin to hav that FDC by CB soon!!!

Guest ExtremeFusion

cool down people...  :grin:

it doesn't necessarily mean that when you update your canopy, it automatically translate to a faster speed.. No that is not the case.

you have to consider what kind of AP is serving you is it a good one or a total BS?

no matter how hard you tweak, all will be futile when the AP your connected to is a total BS..  :evil6:

anyways, the least you can do is to call the dreaded so called technical people of SmartBro...

BTW, meridian telekoms is responsible for the Internet Service to SmartBro (correct me if I'm wrong), and Smart Technical Staff are just "trained" to handle fury customers...  :evil6:

Guest ExtremeFusion

need help... how can i convert my ap to ip address?? is the sequence given in my ap is the exact ip when i convert it from hexa to decimal????

I'm confused? what AP.. AP is Access Point..

You mean you want to convert the ESN of the AP your connected to IP address?

May i know what this is for, so could provide a decent answer? Thank you.

Guest ExtremeFusion

wow thanx EF!!!

uv done it again!!!

upgrading my canopy was a success!!! made my speed boost from 360 to this one!!!!    :-P thanx man!!!! nice to have kind people who shares their talents!!!

uv always been a great help to us here!!! thanx again dude!!! i am very grateful!!!

yeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeyyyy!!!!

anyway, am also hopin to hav that FDC by CB soon!!!

though I can't remember what I did before???  :grin:

But anyways, thank you...