SmartBro Canopy Software Update, How to? (w/ screenshots)

Guest ExtremeFusion

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ExtremeFusion

i only know that it is done via ftp, i still haven't fiddle with it..

last time i fiddle with my NAT settings.. my canopy got replaced for two times... hehehe...

now about those canopy can you donate one of them for me, i'll use them as "test" subject for using the prizm software..

i only know that it is done via ftp, i still haven't fiddle with it..

last time i fiddle with my NAT settings.. my canopy got replaced for two times... hehehe...

now about those canopy can you donate one of them for me, i'll use them as "test" subject for using the prizm software..

i love the word you used "DONATE"... :knuppel2:

and the reason "TEST SUBJECT"  :evil6:

Hey man, I updated my Canopy SM to 8.2.2 and it worked all right. Not much of a difference, there were a few new settings to play around with and that's it. I came back to this page:

http://www.motowi4solutions.com/software/

Canopy System Software for use with Prizm 3.0 (.pkg2)

Highlights of Canopy Release 8.2.4:

* Resolves an issue where an SNMPWALK or SNMPBULKGET on an SM with NAT and DHCP Client enabled would reset the SM.

* Resolves an issue where a link between an AP and a P8 or P7 SM would fail and not recover and would show idle on the AP, but registered on the SM.

* Resolves several issues involving NAT, DHCP Server, and DHCP Client.

Please review the 8.2.4 Release Notes for further information

a few minutes ago and I found that there's a new update out, 8.2.4, so I was interested. Has anyone tried this one out? I would assume it's the same procedure as stated in the first post but is it compatible with our Canopy Lite that Smart BRO has given us? I will be downloading the update just in case. Hope someone tests this out. Thanks.

Also, is there any advantage in installing Prizm 3.0 or 3.1? I installed the 8.2.2 patch without Prizm 3.0 or 3.1, is that ok? Will installing Prizm do anything to my SM?

a few minutes ago and I found that there's a new update out, 8.2.4, so I was interested. Has anyone tried this one out? I would assume it's the same procedure as stated in the first post but is it compatible with our Canopy Lite that Smart BRO has given us? I will be downloading the update just in case. Hope someone tests this out. Thanks.

Also, is there any advantage in installing Prizm 3.0 or 3.1? I installed the 8.2.2 patch without Prizm 3.0 or 3.1, is that ok? Will installing Prizm do anything to my SM?

@ malleus. welcome to tmn.

since you had experienced updating to 8.2.2, it is better if you do the update 8.2.4 yourself so that, you're not only learning, you will be the first one to do it.

try Prizm too, it will increase your aggregates from 1mb to 7mb.

i urge you to share what you will discover.  :smiley:

oh i see.. i hope someone will guide us on that procedure.. thanks man anyways..

i have another question, how can i upgrade my 1 Mbps Aggregate to 7 Mbps Aggregate? thanks for your help..

regarding the upgrade of your canopy software, i must say that it does not change anything or if it does it's not that noticeable just some new fields which is somehow not supported by the smartbro.

regarding the possibility to change the aggregate.. currently our technical teams composed of  Coolbuster, extremefusion and other enthusiasts are working on it. so patience my friends... :) 

regarding the upgrade of your canopy software, i must say that it does not change anything or if it does it's not that noticeable just some new fields which is somehow not supported by the smartbro.

regarding the possibility to change the aggregate.. currently our technical teams composed of  Coolbuster, extremefusion and other enthusiasts are working on it. so patience my friends... :) 

ok sir.. thanks to you and to our technical team.. GOD bless all..

huh?? who's technical team?? smartbro's technical team?

this is what i was thinking about. the one rafterm2000 is referring to is

ianonline took the liberty of speaking in our behalf without verifying nor confirming from us the real score.

i do not know any organized technical team composed of those whose names were earlier mentioned and i am not a member of any technical team at this time. that is for sure.

this is what i was thinking about. the one rafterm2000 is referring to is

ianonline took the liberty of speaking in our behalf without verifying nor confirming from us the real score.

i do not know any organized technical team composed of those whose names were earlier mentioned and i am not a member of any technical team at this time. that is for sure.

lol.. You're not supposed to take it literally :undecided: .. it's not actually an organization of some sort, it's just how i classify "TMN elite" people. people who made a name in this forum. common guys you know what you have done and contributed to this forum, you know exactly how adept you are when it comes to the technical side of smartbro...  lots of people will actually support my say...

you give very effective tweaks and very cool tips in making the most out of our ISP.  no other intentions meant, just pure appreciation.. :)

sorry for the confusion caused.. but thanks though!  :laugh:

no im not taking it seriously. it's just that i wanted to share my side of the story.

anyways, we're grown ups already and able to understand what is right from wrong. the next time we will just be careful of the words we post to avoid confusions due to speaking on behalf of other people without their knowledge and permission.

at this juncture, please allow me to let this issue rest. peace. thanks.  :smiley:

ur all fabulous and contribute greatly to ur fellow smartbo-ers and their connections...i just wanted to clear that up that tmn doesn't have a technical team per se...we are all part of this team (all our members)...those that were mentioned just seem to have a knack and a knowledge with this connection mode (smartbro)...

so settle down boys...it was actually supposed to be sorta funny...i forget that u don't actually know me in person...or u'd know how truly hilarious i am...smooches

ur all fabulous and contribute greatly to ur fellow smartbo-ers and their connections...i just wanted to clear that up that tmn doesn't have a technical team per se...we are all part of this team (all our members)...those that were mentioned just seem to have a knack and a knowledge with this connection mode (smartbro)...

so settle down boys...it was actually supposed to be sorta funny...i forget that u don't actually know me in person...or u'd know how truly hilarious i am...smooches

actually momma, i was expecting an "LOL" but all i got was a complicated version instead.. well, i understand that not everybody has the same type of humor..

:grin:

are you saying that what you posted is some kinda humor? take a look one more time. you seemed serious weren't you. LOL  :2funny: