SmartBro Canopy Software Update, How to? (w/ screenshots)

Guest ExtremeFusion

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1563 Kbps about 1.56 Mbps (tested with 1536 kB)

Download Speed is:: 191 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 211 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 26 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/08/30 - 10:59am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZYQ8PM6LH

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-PVAXRW42B

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 [!]

hi guys.. im just new here in testmy.net but im not new on how canopy works.. and how to upgrade... i got my GF's Canopy upgraded from 7.XX to 8.1 SMDES last year.. now i want to upgrade one of my friends canopy (i borrowed it just for my enthusiasm)

now.. about ng 1Mb to 7Mb.. this really hard to achieve.. but what if.. we use the 7Mbps package to update those who have 1Mbps? that way it MIGHT overwrite it and turn it to 7Mb..

So far.. we cant access smartbro prism as its lock and dont what them to get those higher bandwidth..

got my canopy (friend's canopy) upgraded to V8.2.4 but the canopy boot is still at V1.. now.. nothing happens. same 1Mb aggregated..

well the canopy ESN warranty is expired.. so i use the ESN of our AP to get the pkg2 files..

btw.. here's my GF's Canopy..

campy_gen.png

this screenshot was taken last year..

since last time.. i havent notice its own software boot ver. but lately ive read this thread and notice that some users prefer v3 rather than 1... now, what's with v3? does it have any effects on booting up the canopy?

also.. does SMARTBRO disable the network neighborhood on the network? well here in my GF's Place, i can still see all network computers connected on the smartbro APs.. but when i view my network neiGBorhood.. i cant find any other PC in the network.. but the SectorUserCount says it has 34 clients connected.

hi again.. any noticeable updates?

btw? I have limited or no Connectivity problem on my Smartbro.. it seems that they're down at this set of time (starting around 3am)... to save bandwidth? or to lessen their expense? well..

and so far.. i notice their DNS Prefixes changed back to merdiantelekoms.com ( does my spelling correct?).. so what does suppose this thing means?

currently.. im using WIFI connection from my neighbors DSL.. well i didn't intended to steal connections.. i got permission from them.. so i can only browse and surf.. no BTing....

aniweis.... i have found ways on how to maximize bt DLs using smarbro connection.. you only need to find fast proxy servers and let your peers go their.. this will somehow bypass unfowarded ports...  some how.. i get a green check but turns back to freewalled state.. but my connection is realitively faster then the usual.. (arroung 50KBps DL/DL... as my QoS is set to 500/500)

i notice something ironic, why is it that most of us are praying for more speed like joining the 600+ kbps level while our friend here, EF, one of the persons researching their ass up for all of this is satisfied with his 400+ speed. hehehe... i just noticed kasi lower portion ng every post nya yung speed test... don't get me wrong "kuya" EF, just wondering why... Peace!

before, i can access my canopy by changing my IP to 10.20.30.40 the do an "arp -a". now when i do that, only 2 IPs ang lumalabas,  yung 192.168.224.1 and yung 10.0.0.1... any ideas guys kung pano to ma resolve? i cant just go up my roof and get the mac ad kasi baka ma sira yung bubong namin. hehehe...

before, i can access my canopy by changing my IP to 10.20.30.40 the do an "arp -a". now when i do that, only 2 IPs ang lumalabas,  yung 192.168.224.1 and yung 10.0.0.1... any ideas guys kung pano to ma resolve? i cant just go up my roof and get the mac ad kasi baka ma sira yung bubong namin. hehehe...

well before you use the alternative access of the canopy.. 1st you need to enter the correct info on your TCP/IP

let say,

IP:10.20.30.40

Subnet MASK :255.0.0.0 - this is really important, coz this is the baseline of the computer for it to calculate the right IP configuration.. having a default sunetmask (255.255.255.0 or smartbro: 255.255.224.0) will give different info regarding on its gateway.

so if all else fails.. i think there's a settings that you need to enable (might have been disabled by the tech) that will prevent you to access from lan.. only from wan... which is pretty impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

i updated mine to 8.22 already.. but going to update to lastest version later...

how do i changed the 1 mbps to 7mbps.. i already tried prizm...but i am having problem in setting it up... i installed mysql server..but still i am having problem..i also have the prizm software... and i got to the site of prizm already, but it does'nt show me the login area...it just say start prizm, and when i click on it.. the java opens.. i tried to put the usernname and password.. but their some string problems in java..

...i have also read the manual and its confusing...i really want to change the aggregates..my net is so slow..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ExtremeFusion

i notice something ironic, why is it that most of us are praying for more speed like joining the 600+ Kbps level while our friend here, EF, one of the persons researching their *** up for all of this is satisfied with his 400+ speed. hehehe... i just noticed kasi lower portion ng every post nya yung speed test... don't get me wrong "kuya" EF, just wondering why... Peace!

Hehe... :haha:

I have done everything, believe me to push my connection way past the advertised 384 kbps..lol

but still some of it are futile...

Besides i use the net usually at night time and early mornin, where my connection is stable at 384+...

so i didn't bother doing test so often...

Just so everybody know... i started this post long time ago WHEN i am still hooked up with smartbro...

Now i'm switching, i'll just probably get a pldt broadband or a wired globe broadband plan...whichever is better..

Well goodluck to all the peeps here in tweaking their connection..

Just an update on those with 1MBps Aggregate speed Canopy's. I don't think that by just updating your firmware will make your Agregate speed up to 7MBps. as I see it 5700SM is Canopy and 5760SM is Canopy Lite which was the norm that they installed these day. Also even if you manage to get that 7MBps aggregate speed you will be tied to the 384 or 512 capped by the prism or BAM (Bandwith Allocation Management) software of Smart.

the only use of updating firmware is like what extreme fusion says in the first post that he get frustrated with the dropping connection that he took updating the canopy by himself.

• 4 months later...