Boot CFG

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

Ok guys, I just found one morning that my PC won't boot, It doesn't show me the blue screen of death, LOL!

So what I did, was pop in the CD-ROM my Windos XP Home installer, then wait till it booted from the cd...

In the Option I choose Repair, i logged into the one and only installation of windows in my Computer that is C:WINDOWS

then I input the command for rebuilding the boot files (bootcfg/rebuild), then input the Usual strings, like for options i put in /fastdetect /NoExecute==OptOut... I know you what I am talking about...

My Problem is whenever I boot my PC I know have two boot configuration

(Yes, I know this will happen... The first on the list of configuration is my newly rebuild Boot CFG, and the other one is the NON-Working boot cfg.)

What I wanted to do is, to remove the NON-Working boot cfg, so that whenever my PC boots it won't show me the list of boot cfg.. to which i must choose what cfg to use..

Again, I can just delete this from boot.ini but this doesn't solve the problem, the non-working boot cfg will still be on the list once my computer boots...

I just want my computer to delete the non-working boot cfg so I will never be asked to choose what cfg I will use

(If you are still not getting me, Imagined that you have a dual-boot Computer.. I was always in that screen whenever I boot my PC because I have to choose which boot cfg to run as if I was running two OS in one PC, I don't want to be directed to that screen.. I want my PC to boot normally as if there were no other boot cfg in my computer.)

Hope you can help me guys.. and thanks...  :smitten:

Guest ExtremeFusion

thanks CB, i still need to study the guys advice in the link you provide.. i was like  :shock: when i read his explanation.. gotta read it again this time with patience..  :evil6:

Boot back into the recovery prompt and run: fixmbr.  This will rebuild the master boot record, boot.ini, as an adminiatrator.  If I remember correctly that should fix the issue.  I think this also would have fixed you original issue..  so you would not have had to create a custom boot record.

Guest ExtremeFusion

@swimmer

thank you..

by running fixmbr, my two btcfg will be overwritten? and my pc will have a new boot.ini with one cfg alone? am i right?