questions.. experts..

depowta

Guest ExtremeFusion

@depowta

when Buntz said what server are you using, I think it is safe to say that he means.. Are you testing in the new TMN server or the old one?.. Correct me If I am wrong...

The reason I wanted to know what  TMN server you are use is because if you are testing using the main server for TMN it is locate somewhere around Dallas, Texas in the US. The greater the distance you are from the server the slow your speed will be. Try to find a server that is closer to you. The TMN test mirrors page says there are two in Australia, try one of them.

I just did a test to one of the Australia server. I am on the east coast of the US. When I test to the TMN Main server in Texas  I get 8000 to 10000kbps for the download test. When I tested to the Australia server I got 1432kbps because I am so far away from that server.

what should i do to max out my advertise speed?

You may have already  max it out. That why they call it  [ ADVERTISE SPEED ]. Like I said before the farther you are from the DSL base station the slower your speed will be. They can only push the signal so far. Talk to the DSL tech guys and have them check the line  to make sure everything is all right.