portal.smartbro.net

kerby_kerby

Definitely Yes.  Even in one machine, (I don't know if this happens to others) try to download 2 files from 2 different sites. The bandwidth will be divided into 2. Like I said, I don't know if this is true to all.

Sharing your connection to 2 machines will definitely affect the speed.

Oh, even after all the tweaking?  Thanks much...

• 2 months later...

Windows Sux :evil:... just use other non-proprietary OS (software libre) and then run windows only if you're using some programs you need... I use ubuntu and there is a big difference in the d/l and u/l speeds...

by the way, how do you know your smartbro package?

Windows doesn't reallly sux IMHO, 'coz it works for others. OS preference really is an individual thing, depending on your needs and working habits. I'm running on Gnu / Linux (Kubuntu) and i'm happy with it. Please stop promoting this Gnu/Linux Vs Windows hate thing. Yes, technically Gnu/Linux is better than Windows yet I believe most of us pc users, if not all, started with DOS/Windows in our early days. Gnu/Linux and Windows do not hate each other. And if you are gamer, Gnu/Linux just wouldn't work for you. For serious users, I still would recommend that you try Gnu/Linux OS. For the not so tech-savvy, check out Ubuntu's LIve CD, you dont have to install it in your hard disk to have a feel of it. Peace.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 582 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 512 kB)

Download Speed is:: 71 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/04/22 - 5:17pm

Bottom Line:: 10X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 14.42 sec

Tested from a 512 kB file and took 7.206 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 40.24 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-CRZWJ4NI6

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121016 Firefox/3.0b2 [!]

• CA3LE locked this topic