Barak Obama's Church

mudmanc4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article. VI. - Debts, Supremacy, Oaths

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

I am guessing that you mean the third paragraph as there are no sections of Article VI.

I never inferred there was a test but I have that right to vote the way I see fit.   :grin2:

When you vote for a Christian candidate who wants a Christian nation (and wants to enact laws to support such a view) then you are voting against the American Republic; you are voting for tyranny.

In a letter to the Mint Director on December 9, 1863, Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P.Chase stated:

"I approve your mottoes, only suggesting that on that with the Washington obverse the motto should begin with the word OUR, so as to read OUR GOD AND OUR COUNTRY. And on that with the shield, it should be changed so as to read: IN GOD WE TRUST."

Fu**ing tyrant!!  Looks like Allah, Buddha, Muhammed, Ra, et al weren't given any consideration for the job of keeping the country's trust. 

Paragraphs/Sections (tomato, tamato); I was talking about the third segment of the Articleplease dont play with semantics; its silly.

When you intertwine politics and religions then you are providing an individual test of office (religion should have nothing to do with government).

Article VI shows the foundation of how our government is separated from religion (or at least should be).

When you vote for a Christian candidate who wants a Christian nation (and wants to enact laws to support such a view) then you are voting against the American Republic; you are voting for tyranny.

That is certainly ones opinion. But the way I remember the history books read a big part of the big move acrss teh ocean (besides the tea tax  :cheesy: ) was the freedom of religion. So one would have to show me where it has changed since then. Because like it or not I think many americans will vote just that way. I mean look what happens when the election hits the southern bible belt, the candidates views seem to change for some reason.

Why, because they know it does damn well exist. And they stil know they had better pay it some attention.

It will always matter what is inside of a candidate. It is what has made this country different than anyother. Its a grand mixture how we got this way too. Many different religions have made it up.

So yeah you'd have a hard time telling all the catholics, baptists, mormons, etc... that religion has nothingto do with it.

It is part of our very being as a  nation. And why the taliban (and others ) really do hate us. Because they are jealous of what we have.  :azn:

At least you never see us hiding behind a rag.  :wink2:

What does it matter what church he attends? Our current president is Christian and has killed more innocent civilians than I would care to count. Not to mention our troops. Ohhh, I forgot 911.... how many of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia? Boy we love us some Saudi Arabia... bout to sell them a bunch of weapons. We is smart.  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

I will not ever understand why it is as of late (last 18 years anyway )that deciding a new president is the lesser of several evils. 

:twisted:  :evil2:  :twisted:  :evil2:  :twisted:  :evil2:  :twisted:  :evil2:

:iamwithstupid: I dont know about the "lesser" part though.

This country was NOT founded on God, but was founded on freedom.

:2funny: :2funny: Close, but pay a bit more attention when I say it this time "FREEDOM OF RELIGION". Its  sort of a compound thing. Yeah I was awake that day in english class, I think.  :cheesy:

But you were very close.

incogitable just insupposable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit, an atheist would think just like some of these comments , hmm,  interesting.

:iamwithstupid:  :occasion14:  Next thing you know they will be bad mouthing baseball.  :cool:

:2funny: :2funny: Close, but pay a bit more attention when I say it this time "FREEDOM OF RELIGION". Its  sort of a compound thing. Yeah I was awake that day in english class, I think.  :cheesy:

But you were very close.

:iamwithstupid:  :occasion14:  Next thing you know they will be bad mouthing baseball.  :cool:

:haha: :haha: Baseball sucks.

Be careful guys, even if you dont agree with Atheism (and I sure DO NOT) we still must respect their views here and engage in mature debate.  :grin2: :grin2: I said mature.  :lol:

baseball...football...basketball...tennis...hockey...eh they all suck...lots o' cute buns tho...and i do love the fights at a hockey game...u can smell the testosterone :) hahaha :evil6::haha:

edit: hey this is pretty good for tmn...2300+ views and 89 posts before it veered off topic :)

:haha: :haha: Baseball sucks.

Be careful guys, even if you dont agree with Atheism (and I sure DO NOT) we still must respect their views here and engage in mature debate.  :grin2: :grin2: I said mature.  :lol:

Why?  :lipsrsealed:

WTF w/ you and my baseball? Knowing you shug you like that over paid underworked sport called football! Where they play a measly 13 games a year (unless they pull their head out of their ass) and during each game being as they are defense or offense they only participate half of the game. and then that half is half commercials and replays if not more. So we are talking their whole rough day lasts maybe at most 45 minutes a day....times 13 games a year? So in all they play less than a whole work day for what would you say at least a decent salary of $4 million!

You might ket me know if my math is broken here. But to me that is pretty wussy. And with all the equipment they wear now. How do they get hurt?

Baseball is still about the same as it ever was. And it does not require a college education to understand baseball either.

And damn if the weather does not say come watch a game and get a ballpark dog and popcorn and soda.

:evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:

And who are you going around and calling mature?? You better watch who you [glow=red,2,300]FLAME[/glow] around here.  :violent5:

I am guessing that you mean the third paragraph as there are no sections of Article VI.

I never inferred there was a test but I have that right to vote the way I see fit.   :grin2:

T

he Constitution, as it was written, only mentions religion once. In Article VI, paragraph 3, the Constituion states that state and federal office holders "shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."{emphasis added} This paragraph allows any individual to hold office, regardless of their religion. However, there is no other reference to religion anywhere in the Constitution. Even with this silence on religion, the Constitution was ratified in 1789. By not mentioning religion, the delegates were avoiding controversy, since each individual state had their idea of religious freedom. By excluding religion in the document, the statesmen could also be silently advocating the separation of religion from this new nation, as expressed by Madison; " [the Constitution was not to grant] a shadow of right in the general government to intermeddle with religion."

That's a little cleaner. The contitution states that everyone (every state has their choice of religious freedom and shouldnot judged by that choice. Everyone would include people up for nomination or election of office. For they are not allowed to USE their religion in office to promoth the changes they want.

However, that doesn't mean their beliefs wont influence them.

But I DO belive that Obama is not a muslim, never has agreed to being part of the faith (except as a child - and that was indoctrination. The reference to his religion is wrong. He is a Christian with a different name.

But I DO belive that Obama is not a muslim, never has agreed to being part of the faith (except as a child - and that was indoctrination. The reference to his religion is wrong. He is a Christian with a different name.

That's what I was saying here:

BTW, I really enjoy the e-mails about how we shouldn't vote for him because he's a devout Muslim and will destroy America and the ones like that talking about the Church of Christ he belongs to be radical and racist.

Let's make up our minds. Is he Muslim or does he worship Christ? 

People always fear what they don't understand.

like i said...just because the church he belongs to has more members of a specific group of people that are proud and stand behind their heritage...to me...doesn't make them racist...

i don't know what his faith is in his heart...whatever he says he is is what he is...people convert all the time...my granddaughters teacher is jewish by birthright but just told me the other day that she's reading the bible and doesn't really consider herself either (jewish or christian) but rather spiritual...is she wishy washy?...i don't think so...she's just opened her mind to look deeper at the bigger picture...that's what i think

i just don't think obama's church that he belongs to is relevant...what's in his heart is.

so as with all the candidates...we have to look and the man that makes the man...look to his words and actions.

I have just got to ask this then. If we cannot go by his/her actions as well as his/her words, are we only to believe what he/she says only? To me I am being asked to ignore his/her actions here. Isn't his/her church in effect an action?? I mean if I go to a catholic church and yet say that I believe in Satanic cults, what will you believe of me. What I say or do? Or maybe a mixture of both? Myself would like to say it is all relevant to the decision.

If he/she is Islamic, I want to know. If he/she is satanic, I want to know. If he/she is catholic, I want to know. Now as far as how you make your decision, I believe that is wholly up to you. But it IS all relevant in fact. Even his health is an issue. There is nothing about these candidates that is not revelevant to one voter or another.

[nerdly][nerd][geek]

Besides if he/she is good enough why should it be hidden in the first place??  :evil:

Why?  :lipsrsealed:

WTF w/ you and my baseball? Knowing you shug you like that over paid underworked sport called football! Where they play a measly 13 games a year (unless they pull their head out of their ass) and during each game being as they are defense or offense they only participate half of the game. and then that half is half commercials and replays if not more. So we are talking their whole rough day lasts maybe at most 45 minutes a day....times 13 games a year? So in all they play less than a whole work day for what would you say at least a decent salary of $4 million!

You might ket me know if my math is broken here. But to me that is pretty wussy. And with all the equipment they wear now. How do they get hurt?

Baseball is still about the same as it ever was. And it does not require a college education to understand baseball either.

And damn if the weather does not say come watch a game and get a ballpark dog and popcorn and soda.

:evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:

And who are you going around and calling mature?? You better watch who you [glow=red,2,300]FLAME[/glow] around here.  :violent5:

Did you just call Football over paid and under worked while taking up for Baseball.. Give me a sec.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Ok I am better. You do realize that baseball players spent about 75% of "gametime" just standing there scratching their nuts and looking around (the sad part of this sentence is that there is NO exaggeration in it at all, thats how bad it is, I didn't even have to exaggerate). Then about 5-10 times an inning someone hits a ball (usually up in the air where it is caught, play over) and two or three people run a little throw the ball and then walk back to their place so they can scratch their nuts. Hell man, I could play 800 games a year of that, especially if they paid me a quarter of a BILLION dollars to do it.  :haha: :haha:

Sorry, you really proved yourself wrong with that one, I just had to point it out.  :kiss::evil:

Oh and I can flame anyone I want, thats the way it works when you date the owner.  :wink:

PS: I would have agreed with you on ANY athlete being over paid and under worked but cmon, Baseball is just as bad if not worse than Football when it comes to that.