Barak Obama's Church

mudmanc4

Thanks  Coknuck.

Youknow what gets me? Why he had to have a speech of this length written for him just to denounce his past church leader because of his canadacy.  Good speech non the less, too bad we know they werent his words, as for the rest of the candidates the same.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call it baffle them with Bull Shit.  :tickedoff:

I'm feelin ya there. Funny thing tough, if most people havent been following the story for the last week , then it was just another sweet little heart string tugging speech from the poor black man, that the whitties are trying to keep down.

Well?....................aint it the truth?  ( my speech theory people, come on! )

Oh cranberry juice. Thats manly  :haha:jk

But I do have to agree with both of you.

Hey, ya gotta watch out fer your kidneys these day eh  :2funny: :2funny:

Besides, all the bullshit I gotta listen to anymore has to have an adverse effect on my wellbeing  :haha:

I've had my share of the " manly " shit, now I gotta repair the damage lol

Youknow what gets me? Why he had to have a speech of this length written for him just to denounce his past church leader because of his canadacy.  Good speech non the less, too bad we know they werent his words, as for the rest of the candidates the same.

Hey mudmanc4 I took the liberty of taking a few excerpts from the speach since it was so long.It sure isn't all denouncing.

"And this helps explain, perhaps, my relationship with Reverend Wright. As imperfect as he may be, he has been like family to me. He strengthened my faith, officiated my wedding, and baptized my children. Not once in my conversations with him have I heard him talk about any ethnic group in derogatory terms, or treat whites with whom he interacted with anything but courtesy and respect. He contains within him the contradictions - the good and the bad - of the community that he has served diligently for so many years.

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother - a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

I still don't want a president that calls himself an African-American like Obama does.I don't care if this has become a politically correct term but really only in the USA.I think citizens of other countries think of US citizens using it are ignorant every time they hear it whether the user is black or white.

I want to ask Roco a question:If I was in the UK & speaking to a black citizen of the UK & called him an African-American how would he correct me?Since I'm certain that would not be correct.

Now let's come back to North America is a black Canadian an African-Canadian or African-American since he is from North America?

Now on to Africa.While there what do we call a citizen of South Africa?An African-South African?Wouldn't that be correct for the citizen of South Africa even if he was white?especially if he was a natural citizen.

Try putting the African-any country to the country & see how ignorant it sounds.Then think how you never hear it used.Such as I'm African-French.

So vote for an American for president not an African-American(as Obama describes himself).

We don't need another president the rest of the world thinks is ignorant. Like nukular Bush.

btw Spell Check highlighted every country-American word with no suggestion for the correct spelling or suggestion.Except for African-South African.

that's an amazing point there...sequoia...quite thought provoking...personally i don't use any of those terms...EVER...to me the only one that would be remotely correct would be native american and most of my "tribal" friends find that term silly...they just say indian...unless they're talking something govenmental...but yeh...my heritage is mostly irish but i'm american...can i run for president...would u vote for me?

If you where born in the US you can run. And you have to be 35 or older. Are you?

IDK if I would vote for you tho, given all the stuff you let shug get away with  :evil6:

yeh i wuz born in this here country...and some say i'm over 35...and hey...what about the stuff i let u get away with u little critter...now get over here and get ur cookies...

and where is my shugarbabie btw

personally i don't use any of those terms...EVER

How do you refer to a person being black if & when it is necessary? Like if you were describing a person that robbed you.Let's make it interesting & make him black & so is the police officer you are making the report to.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

John McCain was born in Panama to two US citizens.Also it was on a US naval base where his father was a naval officer.This act makes him eligible in case you have heard otherwise.

According to the Act of March 26, 1790, 1 Stat. 103, "the children of citizens of the United States, that may be borne beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States."

How do you refer to a person being black if & when it is necessary? Like if you were describing a person that robbed you.Let's make it interesting & make him black & so is the police officer you are making the report to.

i would tell the officer that "a black man robbed me" or if it was a Caucasian person...i'd say "white" or asian or indian or hispanic or whatever...but not knowing him personally it would just be a description of what i see (black and white r colors negro and Caucasian r racially technically correct...but i wouldn't say yellow red or brown for asian indian or hispanic...so go figure on that hehe)...all this political correctness crap is just that...crap to confuse the facts...i'm white...i'm american...i'm mostly irish...i'm a grandma...i'm a momma...i'm of average size...and i'm a chocolate addict...now being politically correct...what am i??...and don't call me a senior citizen...and i'm only elder if i'm older than u...hahaha too many labels but for descriptions i call it as i see it

...i'm white...i'm american...i'm mostly irish...i'm a grandma...i'm a momma...i'm of average size...and i'm a chocolate addict...now being politically correct...what am i??...

We can refer to you as " that chocoholic"  , while cupping our hands around the mouth.  :haha:

i'm white...i'm american...i'm mostly irish...i'm a grandma...i'm a momma...i'm of average size...and i'm a chocolate addict...now being politically correct...what am i??

Well I would say you are a....

White american lady of irish decent, who loves chocolate, has some kids and some grand kids. she may also be a senior citizen...  :haha:jk

My, friend would laugh and let you know he is dark brown, not black. It is what it is, and believe me fools will take offense if they want to no matter what you do or don't do. Its in their nature. Heck, I've had little brown girls call me a honky, the first time I just about fell down laughing. It was weird to me. But it don''t bother me anymore.  :lol:

Damn thats a good point, you rarely hear people complaining that they were called a honkey, or whitey, but look at where some people are at now, there so damn insecure that they have to make an international matter of a stupid name.

The point I was making is African-American or African-any other country is not used internationally.Only in America.I believe Americans should be just that Americans.Since Obama describes himself as African-American I would not vote for him for that reason alone.

Honky is a derogatory term & shouldn't be tolerated by a "white" person any more than the "N" word should be by a "black" person.Black people usually don't even like Negro & that's not the "N" word I was referring to.

Honky comes from honking like a white goose.Meaning you make a lot of noise but don't have anything of importance to say.

As for whitey well switch it & see haw a black person responds to "blacky".My bet is it would offend.

to me the only one that would be remotely correct would be native american and most of my "tribal" friends find that term silly...they just say indian...unless they're talking something govenmentalis ?

I think I might change their mind.Native American is a term of respect showing this was once their ancestors land before it was taken from them.(They are Americans now so it still is their land they just have to share it with the rest of us Americans).It really isn't quite correct either but the best we have in English.Most have tribal names other than the ones the white people gave them.They just are difficult to pronounce.For someone that doesn't speak their native language.That unfortunately includes many of them.

Indian came from Columbus because that is where he thought he was India.It implies Native Americans were not aboriginal to North America but came & took it.That made it OK for our white ancestors to take it from them since them since they didn't originally own it.Couple that with the Native American belief that no one could own the land.

So Indian is just a name a conquered people accepted.

For example as an American I wouldn't want someone calling me a Russian because that's what they thought I was & then keep doing it after they found out I wasn't.

Since Native Americans aren't from India they should not be called Indians.

They accepted a lot of changes when they were forcibly taken from their families;put into "boarding" schools & educated to be white.

So I will use Native American & would only use Indian if I was told that was that individuals preference.Just like if they told me they preferred Kiowa or Comanche,

My, friend would laugh and let you know he is dark brown, not black.

Thats true enough I've seen "black" people as light complected as me maybe lighter.I've seen tanned "white" people that would make some "black" people look pale.

With all due respect , why would someone say " honky" and not " nigger" ? It is from the country Nigeria, thats all, it's made to sound derogatory because of the PAST, thats it.

Were on the same page, I think, but who cares about a name someone might call us? If I cried over every name I was called, I would have shot my face off a long time ago.