SMARTBro: Making it faster?

karlo

Hi guys. New here. Almost joined majority of the Pinoy forums, wherein everyone's posting about SMARTBro and improving it's connection.

I requested my SMARTBro Connection last Friday (January 04, 2008) at SMART Wireless Center. The connection team arrived, Sunday (January 06, 2008).

I always got a connection speed of between 200+ Kbps to 300+ Kbps but less than 390 Kbps.

I am not contented. I don't know if my base station at my location: Marikina had upgraded it's speed.

I applied SIRAComputer's speed tweak. Still confused, on the page where you can enter the download and upload speed, do I have to enter the results given to me by testmy.net? OR I should enter the kind of speed I wanted it to be, for example, 512Kbps or 1024 Kbps.

Anyway, here's the results (including SiraComputer's tweaks): OR Coolbuster's tweaks:

Applied it, using SMARTBro DNS.

]219420895.png

Applied it using OpenDNS's DNS.

]219420895.png

Applied it using SMARTBro DNS with SMARTBro Proxy.

]219420895.png

Applied it using OpenDNS's DNS with SMARTBro Proxy.

]219422009.png

Applied it using SMARTBro DNS and SMARTBro Proxy.

]219422306.png

And is there a way to restore my default connection settings (before the tweak)?

What do you think? Help me decide. And why can't I receive a connection that is more than 400Kbps?

How to access my canopy? I remembered seeing the SMARTBro Techs accessing the site http://169.254.1.1/ using my internet explorer browser according to it's history.

Now, I can't access it. I think the SMARTBro technical team disabled it because probably they heard me talking about it. That I have an idea about what they are doing.

What can I do? I want to tweak my connection. Please help me.

SIRAComputer's Tweak

edit...date...per member request

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aneljr009

OK, your new hear. I didn't used their tweaks. I installed SYSTEM MECHANIC 7.5. It made my internet connection faster than the tweaks of Coolbuster. About canopy, it's locked. I've only accessed it once.

hello and welcome :wave: to the forum karlo...enjoy your stay...stay long...come back often... :welcome:

these guys will help you with your connection...for sure...just give them a minute to get over SC posting those tweaks as her own on that other forum... i'm sure she didn't mean it that way, she knows that those are coolbuster's...credit where credit is due...i guess they work great for some people...these guys will help you find the settings that work for you...

again welcome to testmy.net

I requested my SMARTBro Connection last Friday (January 04, 2007) at SMART Wireless Center. The connection team arrived, Sunday (January 06, 2007).

BTW: don't you mean 2008?? :) just teasing ya...so what date have you been writing on your checks??

Guest ExtremeFusion

@karlo

when you tried to access 169.254.1.1

is your TCP/IP properties set to

IP: 169.254.3.3

Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0

Please make sure that it is set that way..

then access 169.254.1.1 in your browser...

if you are logged out, try this username

admin or root, left the password blank

Guest ExtremeFusion

hmm,i see sc is a mod there.

Yeah.. so you checked it out too...

How does one became a mod?! Is it because of the number of post? or a special privilege given to them by the site owner?

Guest ExtremeFusion

well I haven't seen her logged in, in tmn, for quite a long time now.. maybe she is busy...

anyways, as to what i know SC and CB used to pm and ym a lot, but that was way back then..

let's just leave this matter to CB, he knows what he wanted to do and how to deal with this...

but of course as to what Momma t said, "credit where credit is due", SC should have done that...

what's a SYSTEM MECHANIC 7.5???

what does it do?

could u guys pls confirm d reliability of this stuff?

anywayz coolbuster, frostbound and extreme fusion are my most reliable reference here... their discussion really helped a lot!!! lucky to have these experts share their stuffs here for free. keep up dudes!!!

OT

mmm.. i don't think SC's a girl. It say on her location (under avatar)  from that site: Location: sa pagitan ng hita ng babae (in between a woman's ... ummm ... lower limbs?). Unless she's a... :o...  :grin2:

but yeah, the point is...  :nono:

or.. someone just sign up in that site and post that that 20 step's is CB's.

or.. she can modify it herself. I think she didn't mean any harm. :cool2:

forum rule says "respect other members". posting the same tweak guide to another website, word per word for that matter, and without the permission of the original author, in other words stealing of one's idea or work, translates disrespect.

i'm telling you this to prevent the situation from recurring.

i'm sure SC can explain. but i assure you, SC is a she. i have her yahoo and friendster accounts. hehee.

ahm system is an all around software used to tweak,config,and maintain your system..it has security features too..for more info visit http://http://www.iolo.com/sm/7/pro/

i can access my canopy through http://169.254.1.1..there is a blue box on the left and on the bottom of it are the words:

Account: none

Level: ADMINISTRATOR

..am i already on the admin account page?

i'm new here but i would like to suggest you to follow the QoS Packet Scheduler Tweak because it's the only one i tried and tested to speedup your connection..after following it i see a boost in streaming sites like youtube wherein buffering data is very necessary..

hope i helped you..

and by the way,,to the other members - keep it up!

this is the most useful forum i have been w/c regards to making smartbro a tolerable,perhaps amazing broadband..

Guest ExtremeFusion

anywayz coolbuster, frostbound and extreme fusion are my most reliable reference here... their discussion really helped a lot!!! lucky to have these experts share their stuffs here for free. keep up dudes!!!

Aw... :cool:

I don't think I deserved that..

anyways, thanks...

yep, i love this forum, as it is not strict when it comes to spam,just like what EF just did. :2funny: :2funny: jk

anyway, SC, though only trying to help, still plagiarized coolbuster. if it was me, i would reprimand her on that forum.

and also, she has posted here before that she is a she. made comments about her hubby and kids too.

@coolbuster

im on a 384 kbps connection..smart bro..i used already cablenut tweakings but it gives me same result..ia have 13 units..

i check porta of smart bro..im not upgraded into WR512..i think its our base station has a problem..

i want to try to access canopy but i cant..

if u have ym id..can i have it so that i can pm you..

@extreme fusion

do you have ym id..so that i can ask about this tweaks..

tnx!!