SMARTBro: Making it faster?

karlo

hey karlo,

very nice flash presentation.

your download speed using IDM, however, is very slow. there must be something wrong with your connection or your IDM setting.

take a look at my IDM speed:

I'm new here..

@cb

348.308KB/s Wow, that's really fast  that's 2786.464 kbps, more or less 2.72mbps. Can I ask your ISP? Is that smartbro?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm new here..

@cb

348.308kB/s Wow, that's really fast  that's 2786.464 Kbps, more or less 2.72Mbps. Can I ask your ISP? Is that smartbro?

@ Effulgence welcome to TMN.

yes it is smartbro - advertised speed 384kbps. with the help of the 20 steps and the advantage of IDM's multi-hyper threading technology, i got that DL speed during off-peak hours.

yes it is smartbro - advertised speed 384Kbps. with the help of the 20 steps and the advantage of IDM's multi-hyper threading technology, i got that DL speed during off-peak hours.

wow, 20 steps? how long did it took you to complete those tests? and the technicians will arrive this afternoon. how can I tell them that I wanted a higher RSSI?

about clearing the canopy log, didn't your installers send a copy of that log to themselves? mine did. that means that if they see that the log is cleared, it will automatically tell them that that the canopy has been tampered with.

I'm just going to tell them that their customer support always tells me to turn off and back on the unit, that's why probably the log is cleared, and because of that one, It had been a hobby of mine to turn the unit off and on if I am pissed off.

Guest ExtremeFusion

@karlo

don't sweat out the small stuff. (no offense)

Don't worry about the log being cleared, just give them a realistic alibi..if ever they asked about it.

when you have a field visit, it'll not be the same installer who installed your canopy in the first place..

they send installer who are near and available in your area.. and most them doesn't know much 'bout technicalities.. most of them are trained just to install your canopy and relocate you modules subscribed AP..

I remember the last two installer who came into our house, argued about "Ctrl + X" and "Ctrl + C", what a senseless debate...

yes it is smartbro - advertised speed 384Kbps. with the help of the 20 steps and the advantage of IDM's multi-hyper threading technology, i got that DL speed during off-peak hours.

about those 20 steps, in the TCP Receive Window (RWIN) values, does the values fo "scale factor of 8" and "scale factor of 4" always 513920 and 256960.???