Smart bro Frequent Disconnects

neil421

hi im  a new user here im also using smart bro plan 999. recently ive been experiencing disconnection problems and unstable connection when i do get online this happend to me when smart decided to cut off my connection after 3 months of unpaid bills which we paid the same day they cut us off... anyway after it came back on the problem that i was encountering continued even though we've settled our account w/ smart. so it can't be that they're blocking my connection or anything right? any idea what might be wrong? btw i get good speeds when i do get online thanks to Coolbusters tweaks and all the other guides here they helped me a lot  :grin:

try these..

run cmd then type ipconfig /release hit enter after some secs you may get limited connectivity.. now type ipconfig /renew hit enter wait for your connection then when connected observe if youre still being disconnected.

also try quickfix it might help you diagnose your problem

tried it still experiencing frequent disconnects like every 2 or 3 mins.. its ridiculous... some smart bro techs came to my house today tried fixing stuff the only way they know how(replace old anthena and say its defective) anyway they fixed it hurray i have internet access again but a few mins. the problem starts happening again.. help anyone :(

hello juz read you're suggestions tried out the the ping <gateway ip> -t thing... had 4 time outs and a bunch of latency spikes... usually sits at 6-16ms the most and spikes up to 600+ms for some reason i don't know... i'm no tech expert so i dont know if its normal or what... what anti-virus would you recommend sir CB? thanks for the replies really appreciate it

ok now i did a complete sweep at least i think i did... using Avast 4.7 home edition and Spyware doctor 5.5... found a bunch of spywares lying around my system removed all of that has been found... and now i'm observing if its still going to be intermittent or not... so far after ive scanned restarted and did all that is necessary i still had disconnection problems... 

Is not really the virus or spyware that makes you disconnected from the internet? It's because of your poor signal or high interference you received. Try to access your canopy and evaluate AP. Try to have jitter 0-4 which is high quality much better 0, jitter 5-14 questionable quality, and jitter 15 poor quality. Try also to have higher dBm. Proper alignment maximizes Power Level and minimizes Jitter. As you refine alignment, you should favor lower jitter over higher dBm. For example, if coarse alignment gives an SM a power level of −75 dBm and a jitter measurement of 5, and further refining the alignment drops the power level to −78 dBm and the jitter to 2 or 3, use the refined this.

one more thing i observe is that... now the jitter spikes up to 12 sometimes... then goes back down... i imagine when this happens for some reason i don't know is when my connection gets lost and goes back on again.. and so on... if this keeps up i'll just have them disconnect the damn service and i'll use someother like globe or pldt :( it's been almost half a month and i've been patient  :cry:  :cry2:

one more thing i observe is that... now the jitter spikes up to 12 sometimes... then goes back down... i imagine when this happens for some reason i don't know is when my connection gets lost and goes back on again.. and so on... if this keeps up i'll just have them disconnect the damn service and i'll use someother like globe or pldt :( it's been almost half a month and i've been patient  :cry:  :cry2:

high jitter that is high interference, that's what makes you disconnected,.. If you successfully ping the assigned gateway without timeouts that only means you established connection to the base station, however if still you've been disconnected without having timeout then there's a problem in your base station and subscribers also in your area are suffering from it...

PS RSSI goal 700 or higher but if you haven't achieve this then try select the less jitter. 

• CA3LE locked this topic