delete removable disk in xp......

ninjageek

I am setting up gf new puter. Had vista, vista gone now have xp. When you open up my computer icon, I have 4 icons with removable disk next to them and a drive letter, How do I get rid of thoes things? Sorry in a rush, setting up xp on a fresh harddrive, finding drivers, tweaking it out so it is set up like mine takes tons of work, so may see me ask a few more questions in the next day or 2 but they will be in this thread. I am gonna cheat and get some help instead of figuring it out on my own, to much to do, to little time. Thanks guys and gals, :smile2:

I figured it out. Gotta go to the "safley remove hardware". Find it, stop it. Right click on my computer, Open device manager, then disable it. It was listed under usb mass storage device. Hope that makes sense. You just have to treat removable devices like hardware, and have windows xp remove it, then in the device manager disable it. Never see it again.

I figured it out. Gotta go to the "safley remove hardware". Find it, stop it. Right click on my computer, Open device manager, then disable it. It was listed under usb mass storage device. Hope that makes sense. You just have to treat removable devices like hardware, and have windows xp remove it, then in the device manager disable it. Never see it again.

That was definately interesting, to me anyway. Thanks.

I have seen it countless times. You try to help someone. They either never show back up or figure it out and never tell you how they did it. Its how we all learn. So a short note. You ask for help, figure it out on your own, PLEASE tell us how ya did it. Oh short note. Compaq with vista can be wiped and installed with xp. Need nividia drivers and once installed and you go to windows update, windows update will give you the drivers for the realtek drivers you need for sound.