Bios beep code help!!!!

prairiedogsplatr

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol mud i mudmanc4 i hear you i think it sounds silly myself. but i gota tell all information i can and what happened after i did what so it can be resolved but hell ya it is silly lol I will try tonite to reset the bios to default. I do not have the pc infront of me at the moment its at my uncles. I got the key but dont got time today most likely 2mara. I am gona try setting that same setting on my mobo see what happens cause it is a gigabyte also.

I just came in to make sure it wasnt beeping SOS.. That would be hella cool.  :haha: :haha:

hahahahaa..........

lol mud i mudmanc4 i hear you i think it sounds silly myself. but i gota tell all information i can and what happened after i did what so it can be resolved but hell ya it is silly lol I will try tonite to reset the bios to default. I do not have the pc infront of me at the moment its at my uncles. I got the key but dont got time today most likely 2mara. I am gona try setting that same setting on my mobo see what happens cause it is a gigabyte also.

It's all good PD, just makin a funny about this. Thanks for understanding my dry humor  : )

It will however be interesting when we find out why the fan is stopping, and the " code " that is thrown.  Please post as much info as you can, like you said.  Look forward to reading your replys.

Well ever since i changed that setting it has not stopped not saying that it is fixed jsut keeping you posted. If that seriouslly fixed it i dont know what to think its just to weird. It almsot has to be the fan or the mono or a setting. I mean why would it only do it when cold or at start. Then the fan turn on after u do a few things. No noise and the times at wich it are happening make me almost rule out the fan but i cannot do that because that wouldnt be smart.

One thing i do need is a program to read the fan speed while the pc is on without having to get into the bios. any help?

Is it possible you had the cool n quiet feature enabled?  If you aren't using the stock heatsink that comes with the processor, I believe that can cause problems.  :?

As per AMD:

If an AMD Athlon 64 Processor-In-A-Box package is not used, an appropriate 3rd party heatsink with a thermally controlled fan must be used.

If the fan is not thermally controlled, and you had the feature enabled, that could explain why the fan stopped.

Is it possible you had the cool n quiet feature enabled?  If you aren't using the stock heatsink that comes with the processor, I believe that can cause problems.  :?

As per AMD:

If the fan is not thermally controlled, and you had the feature enabled, that could explain why the fan stopped.

! good thinking Voltageman !

Ok now the sound is longer but my guess is because the fan is stopping for longer. I got a poor recording for you guys hope it helps.

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/34368/sound.wav

I am gona order a new fan tonite but am sceptical that is the problem because no noise bearing sound and it keeps coming back on. But cheap thing to try cant hurt

i have no idea where to just get a fan...i know where to get just a heatsink....but why not just get a whole new thing at once...it would be smarter IMO...

here is a link to an am2 one i would look at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185125

i think Coknuck has this one. you should ask him about it. i beleive he has the intel version.

funny thing is that the cpu isnt even hot when it shuts off. And yes i wuld think it would be a hdd issue but i can see the fan stopping and the hard drive is new quiet and runs perfect. Loads everything fast no noise what so ever and never freezes on anything. I even installed a game and played on it for 3 hours then stopped and 15 min later it finnally made the sound. I looked and the fan had stopped and I looked at the speedfan program i was given it had read that it had stopped. I did order a new fan and heatsink a simple one to install had the same type of clips wanted to make sure it was easy.