'No thrust'

Roco

'No thrust' on stricken BA plane 

The engines failed to respond to a "demand for thrust"

Both engines on a plane that crash-landed at Heathrow failed to respond to demands for extra thrust, an initial report says.

Despite continued demands for power the Boeing 777 "descended rapidly", landing short of the runway, the Air Accident Investigations Branch (AAIB) said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7196962.stm

thankfully all survived , but alegedly got treated this way

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7196128.stm

BTW, I live 5 miles from there ,

At first I thought the security was reasonable. But when it got into the story it definately shows a totall disregard for the passengers. I mean I totall yunderstand any measures needed for security these days, and the no tea or coffee part as these are not always a good thing to drink if there are injuries of the belly wound type and such. Or maybe even the lack of food. But to release them with out any assistance whatsoever, thats just plain rude and selfish.

I am very glad there were no deaths as a result of this. My thoughts are with the families.  :grin2:

Thanks bro , we have an ongoing public inquires into an addition runway at Heathrow airport  , originally it was built way out of London ,( 1947 ) but London has now expanded , and the housing under that flight path is now over  a very compact residential area , at 5 miles out I get the American ( west bound flights ) turning over my house , and loud enough to wipe out phone calls ,

so as a country boy , that is what will finally force me to move ,

it now seems that the Boeing 777's , have  had 14 previous problems with loss of engine power control , but none so far at this low altitude ,

if it had happend 3 minute earlier , the loss of life could have reached several thousands of people , 

I mean I totall yunderstand any measures needed for security these days, and the no tea or coffee part as these are not always a good thing to drink if there are injuries of the belly wound type and such.

You mean like this?

"You should really treat this gaping gut wound soon, but let's have some tea first, shall we?"

Only in Britain. :shocked:

Why does it sound as if the airline was more or less trying to accuse the passengers of sabotage by treating them with such disregaurd, and trying to mis-place the blame?  A possible attempt to avoid law suits?   

This could happen anywhere. Although I would expect a good cup while I wait as well.

You mean like this?

"You should really treat this gaping gut wound soon, but let's have some tea first, shall we?"

Only in Britain. :shocked:

:2funny:, you got to get your priorities right , nothing beats a nice cuppa Rosie Leigh ,

it was the hidden reason we gave up our ownership of America ,

the locals threw the tea into the Boston harbour , the bounders ,

the crash inquiry is still going on ,

"The findings confirm early theories that the pilots were pitched into a struggle to control the crucial final moments of descent. Only hours after the crash, an airport worker had told the BBC that one of the pilots had described how the aircraft "just shut down".

thats an olde english party game , often played by pilots " No Thrust " as the co-pilot shouted  ,   the passengers rekon they had never seen the airhostes run to the cockpit so fast   :wink:

BTW coknuck , next time you guys try that one we will send over our new secret weapon "Amanda Monti, 24y "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4253849.stm

thats an olde english party game , often played by pilots " No Thrust " as the co-pilot shouted  ,   the passengers rekon they had never seen the airhostes run to the cockpit so fast   :wink:

BTW coknuck , next time you guys try that one we will send over our new secret weapon "Amanda Monti, 24y "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4253849.stm

:lipsrsealed:

I read that story too. I'm not buying her claim of not being a violent person. I mean, how do you accidentally rip off a man's left nut with your bare hands and then try to swallow it?  :icon_pale:

you are right philp , she got 2.1/2 years, I  guess  the judge didn't swallow it either,  .

I read that story too. I'm not buying her claim of not being a violent person. I mean, how do you accidentally rip off a man's left nut with your bare hands and then try to swallow it?  :icon_pale:

Now thats just down right wrong! :uglystupid2:

:iamwithstupid:

So maybe we send over our special weapon also then Roco.

John Wayne Bobbitt (born March 23, 1967 in Buffalo, New York) and Lorena Leonor Bobbitt (n

latest on the no thrust  :evil6:

Boing 777

"Both engines of the British Airways jet that crash-landed at Heathrow Airport were still running when it came down, investigators have said.

But the engines did not respond sufficiently to a thrust request as it came into land, the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) said.

The AAIB said it was now focusing on the Boeing 777's fuel supply system.

US investigators have noted six previous engine failures in the same type of aircraft, it also emerged.

:shocked: