New techniques in Spreading HIV (Becareful) Must Read!

Guest ExtremeFusion

Guest ExtremeFusion

Dear All,

A few weeks ago, in a cinema, a person felt something poking from her seat. When she got up to see what it was, she found a needle sticking out of the seat with a note attached saying "You have just been infected by HIV (AIDS)".

The Disease Control Center (in Paris ) reports many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles were HIV Positive. The Center also reports that needles have been found in cash dispensers (ATM) at public banking machines. We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation. All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use. A careful visual inspection should be enough. In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message along to all members of your family and your friends of the potential danger.

Recently, one doctor has narrated a somewhat similar instance that happened to one of his patients at the Praia Cinema in Delhi . A young girl engaged and about to be married in a couple of months, was pricked while the movie was going on. The tag with the needle had the message : "Welcome to the World of HIV family". Though the doctors told her family that it takes about 6 months before the virus grows strong enough to start damaging the system and a healthy victim could survive about 5-6 years, the girl died in 4 months, perhaps more because of the "Shock thought". We all have to be careful at public places, rest God help! Just think about saving a life by forwarding this message. Please, take a few seconds of your time to pass along.

Remember ... to pass this on to everyone you know... Probably your mail can help save a life.

source: an email from my big brother...

Just want to help, in my own little way...

For some reason, it sounds like a myth/urban legend to me, but I suppose anything is possible these days....

Upon doing a thesis last fall, I learned some very interesting facts involving HIV/Aids.  Up to 10% of Europeans are resistant to HIV(some of European decent have been found to have this mutation as well).  It is due to a CCR5-delta 32 mutation that traces back to the Middle Ages.  It is believed that the "Black Death", and other illnesses of the time caused the frequency of the mutation to increase from 1 in 20,000 during the Middle Ages to 1 in 10 today in Europe.  It also suggests that the "Black Death" was viral in nature(hemorrhagic fever etc), and NOT bubonic plague(bacterial) as has always been believed.

Some very interesting stuff.

looks like this maybe a hoax , but it don't hurt to be careful

http://viv.id.au/blog/?p=154

http://www.querycat.com/faq/2b1dc9089c5862fdc1dad45eae8b12d1

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/hiv-cinema-hoax.html

quote from  Dr.com Reference Library - Infections Index - HIV and AIDS

" Can I become infected with HIV from needles on movie/cinema seats?

There have been a number of stories circulating via the Internet and e-mail, about people becoming infected from needles left on cinema seats and in coin return slots. However these rumours appear to have no factual basis.

For HIV infection to take place in this way the needle would need to contain infected blood with a high level of infectious virus. If a person was then pricked with an infected needle, they could become infected although there is only a 0.4% chance.

Although discarded needles can transfer blood and blood-borne illnesses such as hepatitis B, C and HIV, the risk of infection taking place in this way is extremely low."

wonder what little prick first started this e-mail hoax several years back  :evil6:

This may or may not be factual, But you have to do the math here.

There are millions of infected, out of those , how many do you believe are willing to have the thought of doing so, let alone the giblets to carry out the act. Keeping in mind they would possibly be murdering many by doing so.

well hoax or no hoax...never hurts to be careful...and i actually do check my seats before i sit...don't wanna sit in anything wet :)

and if i remember right hiv does nees to remain wet...hep c can live 15 minutes dry...i have to check those numbers tho...

well hoax or no hoax...never hurts to be careful...and i actually do check my seats before i sit...don't wanna sit in anything wet :)

and if i remember right hiv does nees to remain wet...hep c can live 15 minutes dry...i have to check those numbers tho...

I agree.  i still check my seats at theaters, and other public places before i sit since the day i first read this warning years ago.

Also i remember seeing a story on the news long ago about a guy who was robbing stores with a needle.  He used a syringe which he claimed was filled with HIV to hold up the clerks.

Talk about a stick up eh?  :haha:

Guest ExtremeFusion

Fusion: you should fact check your information!

pardon me, if i wasn't able to back up my post with quantitative and analytic statements from the experts! does never hurt to be careful tho..

and u wondered why it changed...smart ass useless wise cracks...

some of these email hoaxes have grim factual basis...yep the stories changes but something may have happened originally...

this is why u can be charged with first degree murder if u knowingly infect someone with a fatal disease and they die...

in the medical field if u r wearing gloves and u stick urself with a needle the chances of catching anything is slim to none...u will be tested several times over the course of a year...but most all of whatever was on the needle probably would be wiped off on the way in and anything in the tip will be pushed in.

fact is even if that patient is infected with hiv and hep b or c...u have a greater chance of being infected with the hep b or c. there r very few hiv viral particles in a drop of blood (viral load) but way more hep b or c particles in a drop of blood from people infected with those diseases.

i worked with a woman that splashed whole blood in her eyes from an aids patient. she never became positive. tho they did do the testing and started her on anti virals as a precaution.

my point...this is a serious subject...and everyone should b e cautious...and tho this was an email hoax...it could happen...

If a poster was giving someone wrong information about computers it should be the place for fellow posters to correct such wrong information (this is how a forum works).

I might have taken it a bit too far; I admit.

When did sarcasm become illegal here?

When did poking some fun become illegal here?

I saw disinformation and I wanted to correct it; my bad.