Spanish Ads on Myspace

DJVageli

Need a little help with something...a few days ago I noticed that every computer in my house got some sort of nasty browser hijacker which turned the page to Google Espana hahaha...well..I turned it back to english..ran spyware remover on all the machines...even my anti virus...well..it still seems to be persistent and what I noticed is that even my myspace page has Spanish advertisements all over the place....what do I do? :haha:

:haha: oh sorry guess it's not funny...but who woulda guessed...how old do u suppose the geek is that dreamed this one up

16-17

Ya know there's an easy solution. Get yourself some C-4. Attach one stick to each PC and detonate them all at once. Problem blows up! Yay!

Dont know if this is related...but besides the fact that my IP address is different..I went to take a speedtest...but so I can see the map..and the site showed me to be located close to Spain and England...how is that possible if my IP resolves to Earthlink in NY..where I ACTUALLY live

227509103.png

Looking at the image...I am 5400 miles away from NYC :shocked:

Can my ISP get hijacked like that..I just realized..speedtest doesnt even display that info

I put Spanish Ads in My Space into the search on Trend Micro virus search and came up with this. You might want to check it out. There maybe something in there that can help you.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default2.asp?m=q&virus=spanish+ads+in+my+space&alt=spanish+ads+in+my+space&Sect=SA

I checked it out...and the last one seemed the closest thing to it...because it mentioned ads and revenue to be made...but Im not sure still...but thanks a lot Buntz for looking into it :icon_thumleft:

Hopefully I can resolve this without having to reformat 4 PCs in the house :icon_pale:

Dont know if this is related...but besides the fact that my IP address is different..I went to take a speedtest...but so I can see the map..and the site showed me to be located close to Spain and England...how is that possible if my IP resolves to Earthlink in NY..where I ACTUALLY live

227509103.png

Looking at the image...I am 5400 miles away from NYC :shocked:

Can my ISP get hijacked like that..I just realized..speedtest doesnt even display that info

Hi DJ VaGGo , I can at least confirm the locater on your  Speedtest is London UK, I guess it's time to speak to your ISP,  can you do a back trace on your ISP server ?,

I kinda remember TMN had a tool  to check where your ISP server was located , I think swimmer was working on it ! but I may be wrong on that ?

for  browser hijacks  I have used this in the past

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/personal/CWShredder/index.html

What happens if  you go to > control panel > internet options  what is the default home page ?

if it is google Spain , what hapens if you change it back to google USA ?

LOL just my confused thinking  :idiot2:  but let us know the end conclusion , I spent an hour googling this problem this morning ,  " how does google know my location " it got very heavy going , and no real easy to understand answer's

Hi DJ VaGGo , I can at least confirm the locater on your  Speedtest is London UK, I guess it's time to speak to your ISP,  can you do a back trace on your ISP server ?,

I kinda remember TMN had a tool  to check where your ISP server was located , I think swimmer was working on it ! but I may be wrong on that ?

for  browser hijacks  I have used this in the past

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/personal/CWShredder/index.html

What happens if  you go to > control panel > internet options  what is the default home page ?

if it is google Spain , what hapens if you change it back to google USA ?

LOL just my confused thinking  :idiot2:  but let us know the end conclusion , I spent an hour googling this problem this morning ,  " how does google know my location " it got very heavy going , and no real easy to understand answer's

Ok tried the cwshredder...found nothing..Im glad I dont have that either hahaha....now what would suck is that I have nothing...but something else is going on

Hey Roco...yes I traced it back...and it showed Earthlink in Atlanta,Georgia :haha:....so thats why Im so confused...what will make me suddenly look like im the UK hahaha

For internet explorer the home page is msn.com and for firefox I have google.com back to normal....but what made me realize something was wrong..was that everyone in my LAN had their page go to Google Spain :shocked:...I will try out that link...hopefully maybe this does something..but so far my AV and spyware remover see nothing..even in safe mode.

If anything...I really appreciate yours and everyone else's help :smiley: :smiley:

I will post any updates

Hey Roco...yes I traced it back...and it showed Earthlink in Atlanta,Georgia :haha:....so thats why Im so confused...what will make me suddenly look like im the UK hahaha

If anything...I really appreciate yours and everyone else's help :smiley: :smiley:

I will post any updates

:lol: Hi DJ VaGGo , I just got an e-mail from the UK inland revenue , apparently you owe the UK tax office $10,000 , but I can sort it for you , just send a cheque to Roco @ .... :lol: only kidding ,

Regards Roco .... UK

:lol: Hi DJ VaGGo , I just got an e-mail from the UK inland revenue , apparently you owe the UK tax office $10,000 , but I can sort it for you , just send a cheque to Roco @ .... :lol: only kidding ,

Regards Roco .... UK

Hahahaha :haha: :haha:

Damn...and I already mailed it out...do I get a refund :wink::evil6:

:2funny: not for 7 years , standard UK tax office rules ,

:evil2: I got over taxed for 11 years , but UK tax office can only back pay for 7 years  :evil2:,  their mistake, but it took me 10 years to figure it out ,

and only got 7 years back payment ,

wellcome to the UK, DJ VaGGo

:2funny: not for 7 years , standard UK tax office rules ,

:evil2: I got over taxed for 11 years , but UK tax office can only back pay for 7 years  :evil2:,  their mistake, but it took me 10 years to figure it out ,

and only got 7 years back payment ,

wellcome to the UK, DJ VaGGo

WOW :shocked::haha: :haha:

I guess its welcome and goodbye at the same time :2funny:

Ok, how about a good old browser (internet connections etc...)and harddrive cleaning (ccleaner and defrag) for cookies. Empty your cache. Haven't seen it mentioned yet. And since you mentioned cookies  :?:

Just a shot in the dark.  [nerdly]

Yea I think they all need some sort of cleaning...who knows what goes on in those computers :wink::haha: :haha:...just kidding

My PC seems to be fine now....3 more to go

• 1 month later...

I know this was a couple of months ago, however, I have the same problem. I read through and found the CWShreder- that took care of the Spanish ads on Myspace. However, my Google is still stuck in Espana.

Slap it back into English mode?  :-P

Have you tried restore point? to an earlier time than when it happened?