grrr

Ryan314

it goes from the wall to the tuner with a coax. And the component cables are hooked up to the tv. Do I have to have another coax running from the box to the tv? becuase on the box theres a cable in and out for coax

No you did it right. Don't ever go from the cable box to the TV with coax its the worst thing you can do.

As for the receiver how was it being turned off before when it was working.

wait.. right now i have coax AND the component cables hooked up. Your sure thats right? And right now its being activated by comcast.

but like i'm not sure if my Tv should be in Tuner mode or component mode. In tuner mode i see a "please wait" screen sometimes so im thinking tuner is right.

wait.. right now i have coax AND the component cables hooked up. Your sure thats right? And right now its being activated by comcast.

but like i'm not sure if my Tv should be in Tuner mode or component mode. In tuner mode i see a "please wait" screen sometimes so im thinking tuner is right.

If you are seeing a image when the TV is on tuner then you have coax coming from the wall into the cable box then coax too the tv. You don't need it going from the cable box to the tv. Just use component from the cable box to the tv, and change the tv to component.

And whys that?

Because when you plug your HD Digital Cable Box to your tv with a Analog coax setup you loose about 1/2 the quality, and it goes from digital to analog. So its like watching regular analog tv. When you use the component or HDMI cable you get a full digital signal at full resolution.