annoying "network cable is unpluged thing"

well its simple from time to time this pc wigs out    like right now looking at the bottom left task bar the lil ballon pops up and says a network cable is unpluged then it dissapears and then a sec later it comes back sumtimes even faster sumtimes slower and right now the net is fine runing smooth in a few minuts itl start up again.    makes the internet extremely slow to use almost unbarable.

ive got another pc and a laptop i hook up to the same linksys router im using behind a sb5101 motorolla surfboard modem comcast gave me, only this pc has the problem.  xp home sp2 virus scaners spyware malware scanners come up with nothing ive completly checked everything in my net settings everything "semms" ok.  no failed hardware i cant explane it its just wiered.

i cant even explane how many times ive re-set the router and power cycled the modem.

sumtimes (rare) it fixes it most times not.

and now its doing it again.......... :knuppel2:

Have you tried switching which port that computer is connected to?  Perhaps that one port on the router is wacky  :shrug:

Also make sure the nic drivers are up to date.

If the nic is not onboard(ie: pci nic card), try swapping with another pc and see what happens..Or if you don't have another one, just install it in another pc, and see if that pc has the same problem...

If it's only that pc doing it, it's either the nic card, the network cable itself, or perhaps the router.

Could be spyware/virus related as well...Never know.

Are you using a different firewall? (have you changed recently etc)

it is an onboard nic  im gona try drivers right now.

i havent changhed any firewall settings nor do i have any additionsa firewalls.

i already bought a new cat5 cable and ive tried different banks on the router all do the ame thing.

the port thing though ill give it a shot next but for net issint it like port 80 and issint it suposta stay that way...or can i just change it with no problems?

o wow much smoother now ya and ive actualy gained spped to

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4133 Kbps about 4.13 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 505 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 205 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 25 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/02/02 - 11:09am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-WZIKEHND5

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NCX3ULGJ2

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

ya a whole half meg......rofl im about at withs end with my isp advertising 8 and this is what happens. :tickedoff:

from all my pc;'s its about the same 3-right below 4 megs the ul is rediclous downrgight embearrasing.

i eman if you bought a car and they said 30 mpg on the sticker and you only got 13-15 wouldent you be upset?

at least it works now... :haha: