Transfer Complete!

CA3LE

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really... are you kidding me?

posting fine for me... but I haven't finished with all the stuff I'm working on.

After my last apache rebuild the compiler messed up the httpd.conf lines for TMN and the site was down... while it was building I went up to Jack in the Box and got some food and I didn't notice the site was down until I was done eating.. DOH! -- sorry about that guys  :-P

anyways, I'm still working... but I just made a butt load of posts and didn't see even one error.... but I'll keep workin'  :)

Well its two hours later here so I going to bed!

Edit: posted good

nite brotha

edit: yet another good post... I have had 100% success since I rebuilt apache, I changed to apache 2.0 (down from apache 2.2) and still using the latest php (PHP Version 5.2.5).  One thing that I did in this latest build that I think may have made the major impact was the removal of eAccelerator.  I think that was what was hanging things up.  mySQL in itself is running quite efficient, now using the cnf located at /usr/share/mysql/my-huge.cnf --- it's the configuration settings that are reccommended for systems that run heavy mySQL (or all mySQL) and that have over 1-2GB of memory... My server meets all that criteria so that's what I'm running, one thing that draws a ton of queries from mySQL is the score images... with those posted on thousands of websites all over the net my database gets hit thousands of times every second, lol.  It takes a shit load of optimization to be able to serve all those queries without crashing the server, I must of done a pretty damn good job with the database work since I've had server uptimes that run into months upon months without a single reboot.  Although I do have cron's that reboot individual services on a scheduled basis which I'm sure add heavily to the stability of the server.

All I know is that this site would be impossible to host on a shared host, nearly everything on the site requires some sort of custom server software in order to work (like the spell check in the forum for instance... requires the Pspell library for apache/php ... so oh well.. I guess we're stuck with dedicated servers forever, awwww shucks, that's too bad.  bah ha ha.

ttyl,

-D