Question about AdAware

mummer43

yeah......but i think that spybot search and destroy does it just fine :) i use both anyway.....well all 3 of them: adware, spybot and the microsoft's new thing.....lol along with avast antivirus.......its all a preference....id chose spybot over microsoft's stuff any day ...

yeah......but i think that spybot search and destroy does it just fine :) i use both anyway.....well all 3 of them: adware, spybot and the microsoft's new thing.....lol along with avast antivirus.......its all a preference....id chose spybot over microsoft's stuff any day ...

MS AntiSpyware vs Ad-Aware vs SpyBot - Results

To test how many infected files Microsoft AntiSpyware may have missed, we ran a scan using Ad-Aware and SpyBot immediately after running Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta.

Ad-aware revealed that Microsoft AntiSpyware failed to detect 272 critical objects including 73 registry keys, 107 registry values, 89 files and 3 folders. Choosing not to remove any of the files identified and closing Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D was used to scan the machine in able to see how many infected files it can identify. SpyBot reported 61 problems clearly not as many as Ad-Aware but still surprising that some infected files from Gator where still present on the machine.

Ad-Aware Results and SpyBot Results

Reverting the virtual machine to the point just before any spyware scan was ran, it was time to test how many infected files Microsoft AntiSpyware would find after an Ad-Aware scan. The first Ad-Aware scan revealed 1309 infected objects and a second scan immediately after a reboot resulted in 291 more infected objects reported. After removal of those objects, we ran Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta. AntiSpyware

go figure Microsoft finding more crap than the competor in the own code!!!  they know where the stuff likes to hide  :haha:

:lol: so true  :evil6:

i use em all, Spybot, Ad-aware, and Microsoft AntiSpyware and i suggest all to do this

if one program misses the other 2 program clean it up

VanBuren :)

exactly.....i wish they all combined their "technologies" and made it all available to us :)

i used to wish that until i remembered that having them separate keeps them competing. if they all combined into one, they could charge a really high price for it, then never update it becuase theyre the only ones who make an anti-spyware program, so they really dont have to...

i used to wish that until i remembered that having them separate keeps them competing. if they all combined into one, they could charge a really high price for it, then never update it because theyre the only ones who make an anti-spyware program, so they really dont have to...

:idea:  :idea: Cobra I agree with you 100%, this  has kept competion exactly the way its supposed 2b...... nice call :) :)

8) microwave