SmartBro Plug It speed...terrible

crapsound

I was a former dial-up user and got fed up with VERY VERY SLOW download rate.

So I switch to the newly advertized plug it of smartbro/smart and hoped my internet connection will speed up A LOT compared to dial-up.

BUT I WAS WRONG!!  :angry:

It's just as fast as dial-up and the only benefit I got was that I can use the phone while I'm using the internet.

I tried a download test here (sorry I don't know how to put it here) and I was right.

Then I installed Download Accelerator Plus to speed up my download speed. At first it was great and it speeded up to 200KB/s (I was happy about that compared to an average of 3KB/s). But then after a week it slowed down back to dial-up speed.

Then one time I download a file at normal speed and it turned out that (for me) DAP is slowing my download speed.

Normal transfer/download rate/speed = 10-20 KB/s

Download with DAP = 1-5KB/s

What can/should I do? Thanks....

I knew it.. my sis almost got that SB Plug it for her notebook. 'Good thing I stopped her. (no offense)

i wonder... will any of the tweaks here have the same effect on SB/antenna set-up?... guys? [nerdly]

Unfortunately, FDC is still on a test period and won't be out soon according to CB. :-|

Edit: why did it took a long time to post my post? (15 secs?)

Guest ExtremeFusion

@becman...

well it could be because of the new server.. or idk about the time lapse when the server transfer was completed.

but if it happened that your post was made while tmn is having a server transfer, then that would be the cause of your 15 seconds delay..  :cool:

Actually using a cellphone (Any 3G Phone) to connect to the internet is much faster than smart bro hehehehe...

Whoa... I think I owe an apology to a friend. We had an argument with that matter before.

@ derek

You're leaving right? 'Hope you'll still drop by TMN once in a while. I find your inputs here very helpful.

:cool2:

Whoa... I think I owe an apology to a friend. We had an argument with that matter before.

@ derek

You're leaving right? 'Hope you'll still drop by TMN once in a while. I find your inputs here very helpful.

:cool2:

Yep :) Don't worry my ISP in the US kinda acts up once in a while :)  Don't worry, I will be right here :D hehe..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all..how can i make my speed connection up to 1000 Kbps..currently i'm only at 400 Kbps..PLs help me..I'm using smart bro plan 999. Thanks in advance

Remember the advertised speed of Smart Bro is 384kbps only, do not expect more than that :)  If you want blazing 1000kbits then get a Wired DSL or Cable connection. :)