connecting speakers to computer

JH2688

How can i connect speakers to my line out jack? I thought i could use a headphone jack and splice into that to connect it. It works but its very quiet.

I was looking around and some people were saying that you need a amplifier for it, becuase the line out only put out like .5 watts.

What do i need to get to make this work?

i wanted to use my stereo speakers if i could. is there like a like amplifier i could get to make it work.

This is tough to explain. but if i could get something that had an AUX input and that can output through a speaker wire connection that would help

Do you have a home stereo receiver?  You can use a 3.5mm to RCA jack, http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2009&sku=03180 , and use one of the RCA inputs on the receiver.

I use a cheap home stereo receiver/speaker combo I got a walmart to run my pc sound.  It has optical/coaxial/etc.  I use the optical out from the X-Fi to the receiver, and it sounds great..

I'm not sure if they make anything super cheap that will amplify, and has an optical in....If you look around, you can find a pretty cheap home stereo receiver .  Most have optical now.

They may make an amplifier specifically for your needs, but I haven't been able to locate it.  I'm not even sure if it would be any cheaper than just buying a home stereo receiver.

I know that you can use a receiver useing optical or rca inputs but i dont have anything that has that. I hope in the future i can get a large sorround sound system.

i wanted to know if there was a way where i can use my stereo speakers that just has speaker wire, and connect that to my pc.