ASUS P5N-D Crashing problem, Need assistance.

x_6985381

I've finally come to the conclusion that ASUS forums will not get you any support, without waiting for weeks on end. I've come to where I know my questions will be answered with help, not with bullsh*t. So check this problem out, tell me what you think, and or how to fix it. Thank you!

I've recently as of the 8th of this month, ordered a ASUS P5N-D SLI 750i Motherboard, because I needed cheap but yet performance enabled motherboard. So I finally got it today, and put everything together, tried launching with everything on default and without touching or messing with the BIOS, post came up, then flashed twice, before media shield launched and within 1 second vanished, and then XP started to load. about the third line through the loading logo, it crashed, and so I let it retry, finally coming to the conclusion I needed to update the BIOS. So I proceeded with updating the BIOS. Got there most recent release of the motherboards BIOS, Revision 0302, which fixed CPU related crashes and helped stability. Updated and everything worked fine. Still did the same thing with the crashing at windows logo. then it struck me that it could be the memory as it is not covered by the company in their manual. So I started taking it out anc tried to see if maybe it was a dead stick, nothing tested everyone still same thing happens. Now with all of this going on, the blue screen of death ends after the XP Logo crash, saying a technical error, or something, it's only within 1ms, that the BLOD disappears, I've tried to catch it with my video camera, with its fps pause and play feature. Only catch the technical error part. So I'm now beginning to become mad, I think lets try everything see what the hell's going on. Switch graphics cards from a 8800gts (320mb) and a 7600GS (256mb) nothing, remove my soundcard, nothing, remove the CD-R drive and the DVD-RW drive, nothing, I'm now about to write a CD with their beta and first release of their BIOS, just to see if it's catch with them. If you have or could help in anyway, please feel free to assist. I'll be here til' 11 before I just say whatever. I really don't want to return, nice looking motherboard. Along side a nice BIOS layout. Thank you all! - Philly.

Memory cause a lot of problem. Try using Memtest 86 to see if you get any errors. Just download it and burn it to a cd ,then set the BIOS to boot off the cd. Also disconnet every thing you do not need to boot. My AN8-SLI Premium never get the defaut reading right  when I clear the BIOS. Check to see if they are set right.[ cpu multiplier, cpu voltage,ram voltage, ram timing], Make sure nothing is over heating.

Board seems fine to me, this is also what I was thinking was the problem, I might RMA, because I don't need / want any better RAM, as this RAM is perfect, had it on my 680i LT worked flawlessly, until I dropped that motherboard. Sucks, was really putting forth a pull for this motherboard, I'll RMA, hopefully just get the 680i LT again, or maybe something newer. I'm going to see / call ASUS Support lines tomorrow, see if they have any suggestions, if I RMA, I will be very dissipointed with ASUS, as hey support almost every brand but Wintec Industries, or maybe just a bad move on my part. I don't know, I'm going to try until I can't anymore.

I did a little looking around and that board is picky about what ram you use and what ram timing you use. One person said the board would not work with 4 GB of ram,but work fine with 2GB. The 680 board do not have the best reputation either, they like to eat ram. Unless you are going to run SLI you might want to look at a Intel P35 board. Seems like a lot of people like them.